Leon leads Saint Peter's to 62-39 win over MaristFeb 27, 2010 - 4:03 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.(AP) -- Nick Leon scored 15 points and Jeron Belin added 13 as Saint Peter's routed Marist 62-39 on Friday night.
The Peacocks (16-12, 11-6 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), coming off a 77-75 overtime loss to Buffalo, never trailed and held the Red Foxes to only one point in the first 4:52.
Saint Peter's led 20-3 with 10:31 to go in the first half and went into the break ahead 36-14. The Peacocks led by as many as 34 in the second half en route to sweeping the season series.
Devin Price scored 12 points to lead Marist (1-27, 1-16), which had its second-lowest scoring output of the season. The Red Foxes lost to Hartford 75-38 on Nov. 18.
Saint Peter's held a 38-28 rebounding edge and was 8-for-21 from beyond the arc while Marist was 3-for-15.
The Peacocks shot 40 percent from the field (22-for-55) compared to 30.2 percent (13-for-43) for the Red Foxes.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16
- Canisius tops Marist 72-54 Mar 6
- Siena defeats Marist 76-51 Feb 28
- St. Peter's 62, Marist 39 Feb 26
- UC Irvine edges Marist 66-65 in BracketBuster game Feb 20
- Niagara defeats Marist 70-51 Feb 14
- Coles, Turner lead Canisius past Marist 71-56 Feb 12
- Iona knocks off Marist 56-51 Feb 7
- Manhattan defeats Marist 72-47 Feb 5