No. 7 Xavier has no trouble against CharlotteJan 23, 2011 - 2:28 AM Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - Amber Harris led the way with 27 points and 12 rebounds as No. 7 Xavier cruised past Charlotte, 82-61, at Halton Arena.
Ta'Shia Phillips netted 22 points and wrangled 13 boards for the Musketeers (16-2, 5-0 A-10), who have won six in a row. Tyeasha Moss and Special Jennings had 13 and 10 points, respectively, in the victory.
Shannon McCallum had 23 points for the 49ers (15-5, 3-2), while Epiphany Woodson added 13 points in a reserve role. The loss halted a three-game win streak for Charlotte.
The Musketeers took a 32-25 lead at the half, but pulled away with a 50-point second half. They heated up in the final 20 minutes to make 62.1 percent of their shots.
Charlotte never threatened as they finished shooting just 38.7 percent from the field.
- Louisville advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- South Dakota State no match for Xavier Mar 20
- Phillips helps Xavier claim A-10 title Mar 7
- Xavier advances to A-10 title game Mar 6
- Strong second half powers Xavier past St. Joe's Mar 5
- Harris helps Xavier edge Temple, clinch A-10 Feb 27
- No. 6 Xavier dominates George Washington Feb 23
- Phillips, Xavier push win streak to 13 games Feb 20
- No. 6 Xavier rolls past Saint Louis Feb 16
- No. 7 Xavier dominates Fordham Feb 12
- Phillips, Moss propel Xavier past Richmond Feb 9
- Harris helps Xavier edge Dayton in OT Feb 5