Flores helps send Marist to MAAC semifinalsMar 7, 2008 - 9:46 PM ALBANY, New York (Ticker) -- Nikki Flores scored 13 points and grabbed six rebounds Friday to lead No. 20 Marist to a 54-44 victory over Canisius in the quarterfinals of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament.
Rachele Fitz finished with 10 points and Erica Allenspach collected nine rebounds for the Red Foxes (29-2), who have won 19 straight games and have not lost to a conference opponent since February 16, 2007.
Marist trailed, 26-24, at the break but held Canisius to just 18 points on 5-of-28 (18 percent) shooting in the second half.
Laura Buetow had 13 points and 15 rebounds for the Golden Griffins (13-18), who had won three of their last four contests following a six-game losing streak.
- Spartans deny upset-minded Red Foxes Mar 23
- No. 7 Kentucky thumps Marist Dec 30
- Bonnies bounce Red Foxes in second round Mar 20
- Georgia bows to Red Foxes in first round Mar 18
- Duke punches ticket to the Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Marist weathers Cyclones in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Georgetown beats Marist 62-42 in return to tourney Mar 20
- Marist-Georgetown Preview Mar 19
- Yarde leads Marist over Fairfield, 66-49 Mar 7
- Stevenson scores 32 to lift No. 16 Oklahoma in OT Dec 9
- Canisius rewards Zeh with contract extension Oct 6
- Fowles, LSU pull away from Marist Mar 24