Nagy shines as Destroyers edge StormApr 6, 2008 - 2:37 AM COLUMBUS, Ohio (Ticker) -- Matt Nagy threw for six touchdowns as the Columbus Destroyers held off the Tampa Bay Storm for a 51-49 victory on Saturday night.
Nagy finished 22-of-33 for 233 yards and Derek Lee caught 11 passes for 76 yards and four TDs for Columbus (2-4), which scored four times in the fourth quarter.
The Destroyers took the lead for good when Nagy completed scoring passes to Lee and Calvin Russell on consecutive possessions for a 44-35 advantage with 45 seconds left in the fourth quarter.
Brett Dietz went 26-of-40 for 290 yards and six TDs and David Saunders hauled in six passes for 90 yards and three scores for the Storm (2-3), who have dropped three straight games.
TAMPA BAY 49
COLUMBUS 51 FINAL
Storm 49, Destroyers 51 FinalApr 5 9:31 PM
TAMPA BAY 28
COLUMBUS 24 END, 3RD QTR
Storm 28, Destroyers 24 End of 3rdApr 5 8:43 PM
TAMPA BAY 21
COLUMBUS 21 HALFTIME
Storm 21, Destroyers 21 HalfApr 5 8:04 PM
TAMPA BAY 14
COLUMBUS 7 END, 1ST QTR
Storm 14, Destroyers 7 End of 1stApr 5 7:31 PM
- Philyaw fuels Gladiators past Destroyers Jun 22
- Dietz guides Storm to win over Avengers Jun 22
- Grieb sends SaberCats past Storm Jun 15
- MacPherson propels Rampage past Destroyers Jun 15
- Dietz, Storm breeze by Predators Jun 8
- Greisen leads Force to sixth straight win Jun 8
- Greisen's late score propels Force past Storm Jun 1
- Wimprine vaults VooDoo past Destroyers May 31
- Nagy uses arm, legs to help Destroyers upend Dragons May 24
- Dietz tosses six touchdowns as Storm defeat Gladiators May 23
- D'Orazio throws six TD passes to lead Soul May 17
- Deitz, defense lift Storm past Rampage May 16