Dragons squander lead, rally past AvengersMay 11, 2008 - 5:46 AM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Aaron Garcia threw for six touchdowns Saturday, leading the New York Dragons to a 52-48 comeback win over the Los Angeles Avengers.
Garcia went 21-of-34 for 208 yards for the Dragons (6-4). Jason Willis hauled in nine receptions for 127 yards and four scores.
The Dragons raced out to a 20-0 lead early in the second quarter, but quickly saw the lead evaporate, trailing 41-34 heading into the fourth. However, Garcia rallied his team behind three TD passes in the final quarter to pull out the win.
Sonny Cumbie finished 13-of-20 for 134 yards with three TDs for the Avengers (4-7). Kevin Ingram led Los Angeles with 11 catches for 115 yards and two scores.
NEW YORK 52
LOS ANGELES 48 FINAL
Dragons 52, KISS 48 FinalMay 11 1:14 AM
NEW YORK 34
LOS ANGELES 41 END, 3RD QTR
Dragons 34, KISS 41 End of 3rdMay 11 12:29 AM
NEW YORK 27
LOS ANGELES 13 HALFTIME
Dragons 27, KISS 13 HalfMay 10 11:44 PM
NEW YORK 13
LOS ANGELES 0 END, 1ST QTR
Dragons 13, KISS 0 End of 1stMay 10 11:05 PM
- Late-game heroics send Soul to conference finals Jul 5
- Garcia drives Dragons past Desperados Jun 28
- Jackson, defense help Soul pound Dragons Jun 22
- Dietz guides Storm to win over Avengers Jun 22
- Dolezel lifts Desperados past Dragons Jun 15
- Avengers sink Brigade with late touchdown Jun 15
- Germaine sparks Blaze to win over Avengers Jun 10
- Henry's third TD pushes Dragons past VooDoo Jun 8
- Garcia leads Dragons past Crush Jun 3
- Grieb sends SaberCats past Avengers Jun 1
- Nagy uses arm, legs to help Destroyers upend Dragons May 24
- Rush clinch division with rout of Avengers May 20