D'Orazio throws six TD passes to lead SoulMay 18, 2008 - 3:45 AM PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Matt D'Orazio threw for 284 yards and six touchdowns to lead the Philadelphia Soul to a 51-43 win over the Columbus Destroyers on Saturday.
Tied, 21-21, at the half, the Soul exploded for three touchdowns and a safety in the third quarter. D'Orazio connected with three different receivers for scores in the frame.
The Destroyers cut the deficit to 44-35 with a touchdown to open the fourth quarter, but Philadelphia put it away on their next possession when D'Orazio connected with Phil Bogle for a 21-yard touchdown.
Larry Brackins led the Soul's receiving corps with eight catches for 127 yards and two scores and Chris Jackson added five catches for 80 yards and three touchdowns.
Matt Nagy completed 23-of-35 passes for 308 yards and three touchdowns - one rushing - for Columbus.
PHILADELPHIA 51 FINAL
Destroyers 43, Soul 51 FinalMay 17 9:59 PM
PHILADELPHIA 44 END, 3RD QTR
Destroyers 28, Soul 44 End of 3rdMay 17 9:16 PM
PHILADELPHIA 21 HALFTIME
Destroyers 21, Soul 21 HalfMay 17 8:31 PM
PHILADELPHIA 7 END, 1ST QTR
Destroyers 6, Soul 7 End of 1stMay 17 8:31 PM
- Soul down SaberCats, claim first Arena title Jul 28
- Eight TDs by D'Orazio lead Soul to first ArenaBowl Jul 12
- Soul QB D'Orazio named Arena MVP Jul 9
- Late-game heroics send Soul to conference finals Jul 5
- Jackson, defense help Soul pound Dragons Jun 22
- Philyaw fuels Gladiators past Destroyers Jun 22
- Soul pick off Gladiators Jun 15
- MacPherson propels Rampage past Destroyers Jun 15
- D'Orazio, Jackson lift Soul past Desperados Jun 8
- Greisen leads Force to sixth straight win Jun 8
- Wimprine vaults VooDoo past Destroyers May 31
- Nagy uses arm, legs to help Destroyers upend Dragons May 24