Wimprine vaults VooDoo past DestroyersMay 31, 2008 - 6:46 AM NEW ORLEANS (Ticker) -- Danny Wimprine threw seven touchdown passes and ran for another score as the New Orleans VooDoo ended a three-game slide Friday with an 83-61 triumph over the Columbus Destroyers.
Wimprine, who was 18-of-28 for 265 yards, connected with Javarus Dudley and James Jordan for three TDs apiece en route to setting a franchise record for points in a game. Dudley hauled in scoring passes of 15, eight and nine yards, while Jordan had 10-, 38- and six-yard touchdown receptions.
Sale Key also caught a six-yard TD pass and added a three-yard net recovery for a score for New Orleans (8-5), which improved to 4-0 all time against Columbus.
Matt Nagy threw seven touchdown passes for the Destroyers (3-10), including three to Calvin Russell, who also ran for a five-yard score. Nagy completed 33-of-47 passes for 339 yards with one interception.
Derek Lee had a pair of TD receptions for Columbus, while Harold Wells caught a scoring pass and also found the end zone on the ground.
NEW ORLEANS 83 FINAL
Destroyers 61, VooDoo 83 FinalMay 30 11:21 PM
NEW ORLEANS 62 END, 3RD QTR
Destroyers 40, VooDoo 62 End of 3rdMay 30 10:34 PM
NEW ORLEANS 34 HALFTIME
Destroyers 27, VooDoo 34 HalfMay 30 9:47 PM
NEW ORLEANS 14 END, 1ST QTR
Destroyers 14, VooDoo 14 End of 1stMay 30 9:00 PM
- MacPherson's 10 TDs power Rampage Jun 22
- Philyaw fuels Gladiators past Destroyers Jun 22
- MacPherson propels Rampage past Destroyers Jun 15
- Stafford powers Predators past VooDoo Jun 14
- Greisen leads Force to sixth straight win Jun 8
- Henry's third TD pushes Dragons past VooDoo Jun 8
- Force down VooDoo in low-scoring battle May 27
- Nagy uses arm, legs to help Destroyers upend Dragons May 24
- D'Orazio throws six TD passes to lead Soul May 17
- Bryant leads Brigade to rare win May 10
- Dietz guides Storm past VooDoo May 9