Soul pick off GladiatorsJun 15, 2008 - 5:14 AM PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Eddie Moten intercepted a two-point conversion pass in the end zone with five seconds to play, preserving the Philadelphia Soul's 62-61 victory over the Cleveland Gladiators on Saturday night.
Otis Amey caught his fourth scoring pass of the night, a 9-yard toss from Raymond Philyaw, to pull Cleveland (8-7) within 62-61. The Gladiators then eschewed the extra point and the tie, but Moten made a leaping catch to end the game.
Matt D'Orazio threw for 283 yards and six touchdown passes, including a 15-yard strike to Chris Jackson with 37 seconds to play that gave the Soul (12-3) a 62-55 lead.
Philyaw finished 26-of-38 for 319 yards while Amey hauled in nine catches for 91 yards. Neither quarterback had an interception until Philyaw was picked off on the final conversion attempt.
PHILADELPHIA 62 FINAL
Gladiators 61, Soul 62 FinalJun 14 10:51 PM
PHILADELPHIA 48 END, 3RD QTR
Gladiators 48, Soul 48 End of 3rdJun 14 10:51 PM
PHILADELPHIA 41 0:00 LEFT, 2ND QTR
Gladiators 35, Soul 41 HalfJun 14 8:31 PM
PHILADELPHIA 20 END, 1ST QTR
Gladiators 14, Soul 20 End of 1stJun 14 7:37 PM
- Soul down SaberCats, claim first Arena title Jul 28
- Eight TDs by D'Orazio lead Soul to first ArenaBowl Jul 12
- Soul QB D'Orazio named Arena MVP Jul 9
- Philyaw, Gladiators top Force Jul 8
- Late-game heroics send Soul to conference finals Jul 5
- Gladiators outlast Predators in playoffs Jul 1
- Jackson, defense help Soul pound Dragons Jun 22
- Philyaw fuels Gladiators past Destroyers Jun 22
- D'Orazio, Jackson lift Soul past Desperados Jun 8
- Philyaw, Amey carry Gladiators past Rush Jun 8
- Desperados clinch playoff spot Jun 1