Rangers rout A'sAug 13, 2011 - 6:24 AM
The Rangers, who have won six of eight, got an RBI from eight different players.
Wilson (11-5) gave up one run on four hits to pick up the win for Texas, which is two games ahead of the Angels in the AL West. Wilson struck out seven and walked three.
The left-hander was showered with boos from the Oakland fans due to his critical remarks on Wednesday. Wilson made comments about the mound and was critical about the attendance for A's games.
"It felt like a playoff game having the whole stadium against you," Wilson said.
Conor Jackson drove in the lone run for the A's, who have lost two of three since a three-game winning streak.
Brandon McCarthy (5-6) allowed seven runs -- five earned -- on eight hits before leaving the game in the fourth with an injury. With one out, Endy Chavez hit a sharp liner right back to the mound. The ball hit the right knee of McCarthy, who fell to the ground immediately. He was able to limp off the field.
"I don't know what it feels like to have a knee blown apart or to do something serious to it but it didn't feel like anything too horrible," McCarthy said. "It wasn't even the first thing I noticed. When I tried to stand up, I noticed it. I was in pain but I knew it wasn't too horribly serious."
He came into Friday's game with a 4-0 mark over his previous five starts -- all Oakland wins.
The Rangers scored all the runs they needed in the second. Michael Young led off with a triple to right and scored on Nelson Cruz's single. Mike Napoli then reached first on shortstop Cliff Pennington's fielding error. Mitch Moreland and Yorvit Torrealba followed with consecutive RBI singles. After Ian Kinsler popped out, Elvis Andrus hit an RBI single. Josh Hamilton's RBI fielder's choice capped the six-run inning.
Texas added three runs in the fourth. With one out, Chavez hit a liner off McCarthy and raced all the way to second base. Trystan Magnuson came in from the bullpen for the injured McCarthy. Kinsler greeted him with an RBI single. Andrus walked and Young knocked in Kinsler with a two-out single.
Oakland did not advance a runner past first base until the sixth. Josh Willingham hit a two-out double to left and scored on Jackson's two-bagger to make it 9-1.
Yoshinori Tateyama, Mark Lowe and Scott Feldman each tossed a scoreless inning of relief to seal Texas' victory.
Texas has won six straight and seven of 11 meetings with Oakland this season...The Rangers started a 10-game road trip on Friday, while the A's got a 10-game homestand underway...Wilson improved to 4-5 in 35 career games, six of which have been starts, against Oakland...McCarthy fell to 1-3 lifetime versus Texas...Young has hit safely in 11 consecutive games and 19 of his past 20...Oakland center fielder Coco Crisp, who hasn't played since Saturday, sat out another game with a sore right calf.
- TEXAS: 9
Aug 13 1:02 AM
- Conor Jackson double to left scored Josh Willingham with two outs. Runner on second and David DeJesus due up.
Rangers 9, Athletics 1 Bot 6, 2 OutsAug 13 12:05 AM
- Michael Young singled to center scored Ian Kinsler. On the play, Elvis Andrus scored on David DeJesus's fielding error with two outs. Runner on first and Nelson Cruz due up.
Rangers 9, Athletics 0 Top 4, 2 OutsAug 12 11:30 PM
- Ian Kinsler single to center scored Endy Chavez with one out. Runner on first and Elvis Andrus due up.
Rangers 7, Athletics 0 Top 4, 1 OutAug 12 11:23 PM
- Josh Hamilton ground ball fielder's choice, short to second scored Endy Chavez with two outs. Elvis Andrus out at second. Runner on first and Michael Young due up.
Rangers 6, Athletics 0 Top 2, 2 OutsAug 12 10:44 PM
- Elvis Andrus single to left scored Yorvit Torrealba with one out. On the play, Endy Chavez advances to third. Runners on first and third and Josh Hamilton due up.
Rangers 5, Athletics 0 Top 2, 1 OutAug 12 10:41 PM
- Endy Chavez double to center scored Mitch Moreland with none out. On the play, Yorvit Torrealba advances to third. Runners on second and third and Ian Kinsler due up.
Rangers 4, Athletics 0 Top 2, 0 OutsAug 12 10:36 PM
- Yorvit Torrealba single to right scored Mike Napoli with none out. On the play, Mitch Moreland advances to third. Runners on first and third and Endy Chavez due up.
Rangers 3, Athletics 0 Top 2, 0 OutsAug 12 10:35 PM
- Mitch Moreland single to right scored Nelson Cruz with none out. On the play, Mike Napoli advances to second. Runners on first and second and Yorvit Torrealba due up.
Rangers 2, Athletics 0 Top 2, 0 OutsAug 12 10:34 PM
- Nelson Cruz single to right scored Michael Young with none out. Runner on first and Mike Napoli due up.
Rangers 1, Athletics 0 Top 2, 0 OutsAug 12 10:28 PM
- TEXAS: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 12 10:08 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Athletics-Mariners Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Bad day gets worse for Athletics in 5-4 loss to Yankees May 22
- Pineda ends slump; Yanks top Oakland 5-4 to win 5th straight May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22