Cook, Tulowitzki lead Rockies over DodgersJul 28, 2011 - 6:04 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Aaron Cook tossed seven scoreless innings and Troy Tulowitzki went 3-for-5 with two RBI and a run scored to carry the Rockies over the Dodgers, 3-1.
Cook (2-5) scattered six hits and two walks over his efficient start, and Huston Street survived Rod Barajas' home run in the ninth to halt the Rockies' four-game slide and avoid a three-game sweep.
"I attacked the strike zone, kept the ball down and kept them all balance. I was able to get ahead of guys and go from there," Cook said.
Hiroki Kuroda (6-13), in possibly his last start with the Dodgers as the trade deadline approaches, was charged with the loss after allowing one run on six hits and three walks in six frames.
"You feel bad for Hiroki. He does exactly what we tell him to do. He gives us a chance to win the game, and we didn't get him any runs," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said.
Los Angeles had a four-game win streak snapped.
In the fifth, Eric Young Jr. and Dexter Fowler each singled with two outs in front of Tulowitzki, who chopped a seeing-eye single up the middle to knock in the first run.
Two innings later, Tulowitzki doubled to right and scored when Ty Wigginton hit a line drive down the left-field line for a double of his own.
Tulowitzki tacked on another insurance run in the ninth by singling under the glove of Rafael Furcal to plate Fowler, who singled with one away and stole second to move into scoring position.
Rex Brothers worked around a two-out double in the eighth, and Street shook off Barajas' blast in the ninth to record his 27th save of the year.
Cook won consecutive starts after going winless in his first seven outings of the season...Fowler went 2-for-5 at the plate and has multi-hit efforts in six of his last nine games...The Dodgers last swept the Rockies in Los Angeles in April 2009...Kuroda fell to 0-5 in nine career starts against the Rockies...Street has allowed a career-high nine home runs this season.
- COLORADO: 3
LOS ANGELES: 1
Jul 28 1:29 AM
- Jamey Carroll struck out swinging. None on with two outs and Scott Elbert due up.
Rockies 3, Dodgers 1 Bot 9, 2 OutsJul 28 1:26 AM
- Troy Tulowitzki single to center scored Dexter Fowler with one out. Runner on first and Seth Smith due up.
Rockies 3, Dodgers 0 Top 9, 1 OutJul 28 1:07 AM
- Ty Wigginton double to left scored Troy Tulowitzki with two outs. On the play, Seth Smith advances to third. Runners on second and third and Ian Stewart due up.
Rockies 2, Dodgers 0 Top 7, 2 OutsJul 28 12:26 AM
- Seth Smith intentionally walked. Bases loaded with two outs and Ty Wigginton due up.
Rockies 1, Dodgers 0 Top 5, 2 OutsJul 27 11:42 PM
- COLORADO: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 1 Out
Jul 27 10:13 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22