Hudson leads Padres over D-BacksSep 18, 2011 - 4:22 AM
Jeremy Hermida added a solo shot and Andy Parrino hit an RBI single for the Padres, who have taken the first two games in the series after suffering a three-game sweep in San Francisco.
Wade LeBlanc (4-5) scattered four hits and one run over six strong innings for the win.
Aaron Hill's first-inning homer was the lone offense for the D-Backs, who have dropped three straight. Coupled with the Giants' win at Colorado, Arizona's lead in the NL West was reduced to five games.
Josh Collmenter (9-10) took the loss, charged with eight hits and three runs over seven full frames.
Nick Hundley began the fourth with a single, but was caught stealing with one down. Hudson followed with his shot to right, putting San Diego on top by a 2-1 count.
Hermida started the seventh with his second homer of the year for a two-run Padres edge.
Luke Gregerson followed LeBlanc with a scoreless seventh, and Chad Qualls followed suit in the eighth.
Heath Bell allowed a two-out base hit to Paul Goldschmidt and walked Chris Young, but recovered to strike out pinch-hitter Lyle Overbay looking to end the game and earn his 39th save.
Hill's first-inning homer put Arizona on the board.
Hudson stroked a two-out hit in the home second, Hermida was hit by a pitch, then Parrino singled to center to even the score.
San Diego has won five of eight meetings at home against Arizona, but the D- Backs have taken 10 of the 17 overall matchups this year...LeBlanc has won two straight starts after dropping three straight from August 26-September 6...Collmenter is winless in his last three outings...Arizona finished 0-for-5 with runners in scoring position.
- ARIZONA: 1
SAN DIEGO: 3
Sep 17 11:07 PM
- Andy Parrino grounded out second to first. None on with one out and Luke Gregerson due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Padres 3 Bot 7, 1 OutSep 17 10:37 PM
- Orlando Hudson two-out, solo Home Run (7) to right. Jeremy Hermida due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Padres 2 Bot 4, 2 OutsSep 17 9:46 PM
- Andy Parrino single to center scored Orlando Hudson with two out. On the play, Jeremy Hermida advances to second. Runners on first and second and Wade LeBlanc due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Padres 1 Bot 2, 2 OutsSep 17 9:12 PM
- Justin Upton grounded out third to first. None on with two outs and Miguel Montero due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Padres 0 Top 1, 2 OutsSep 17 8:40 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
SAN DIEGO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Sep 17 8:35 PM
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Padres under fire for mishandling gay chorus' anthem May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Solarte draws bases-loaded BB in 11th, Padres walk off again May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21