Fowler leads Rockies past D-BacksMay 17, 2012 - 5:24 AM
Starter Jamie Moyer became the oldest player in MLB history to record an RBI, plating two, while Jordan Pacheco collected two hits and scored twice to help Colorado win its second in a row.
Moyer (2-3) allowed a run on six hits with five strikeouts over 6 1/3 innings, while his counterpart Patrick Corbin (2-2) was charged with all six runs over six frames in the setback.
John McDonald went 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored for Arizona.
"We didn't have as good a command as we'd like to have," said Arizona manager Krik Gibson. "We just didn't play well at all and didn't give ourselves an opportunity to win the ball game."
The Rockies got off to an early start, scoring thrice in the second. A single and a walk set the stage for a run-scoring single by Pacheco and Fowler's two- run triple.
Moyer pushed the edge to 5-0 in the fourth when he beat out an infield single, bringing home Pacheco and Fowler.
"Off the bat I thought it was going to roll foul," said Moyer. "I hit it off the end of the bat and just thought it was going to go foul. I hesitated a bit then thought I should probably run."
Carlos Gonzalez popped a single to second after Tyler Colvin led off the fifth with a triple.
Pinch-hitter Cody Ransom doubled in McDonald in the top of the seventh, but Arizona got no closer.
Gonzalez has 30 runs batted in...Arizona went 1-for-10 with runners in scoring position and left eight on base...The probables for Thursday's finale are Trevor Cahill (2-4) for Arizona against Juan Nicasio (2-1).
- ARIZONA: 1
May 16 11:24 PM
- Pinch-Hitter Cody Ransom double to left scored John McDonald with one out. Runner on second with one out and A.J. Pollock due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Rockies 6 Top 7, 1 OutMay 16 10:46 PM
- Carlos Gonzalez infield pop single to short scored Tyler Colvin with none out. Runner on first and Troy Tulowitzki due up.
Diamondbacks 0, Rockies 6 Bot 5, 0 OutsMay 16 10:19 PM
- Jamie Moyer infield single to first scored Jordan Pacheco and Dexter Fowler with two out. Runner on first and Marco Scutaro due up.
Diamondbacks 0, Rockies 5 Bot 4, 2 OutsMay 16 10:03 PM
- Dexter Fowler triple to right center scored Wilin Rosario and Jordan Pacheco with one out. Runner on third and Jamie Moyer due up.
Diamondbacks 0, Rockies 3 Bot 2, 1 OutMay 16 9:23 PM
- Jordan Pacheco single to left scored Troy Tulowitzki with one out. On the play, Wilin Rosario advances to second. Runners on first and second and Dexter Fowler due up.
Diamondbacks 0, Rockies 1 Bot 2, 1 OutMay 16 9:20 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 16 8:42 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies May 22
- Adames' first homer caps 4-run 9th as Rockies win 4-1 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21
- Pirates 3B Kang exits with left hand injury after slide May 21