Hill hits for another cycle in Arizona's 9-3 winJun 30, 2012 - 3:57 AM
Hill, who also hit for the cycle on June 18, recorded his 1,000th career hit with a ground-rule double in the first inning. He also singled and scored as part of a five-run third, hit a two-run homer in the fourth and belted an RBI triple in the sixth.
"It was obviously great to get the cycle but it was also great to get the win. It wouldn't be as enjoyable if we had lost," said Hill.
Paul Goldschmidt was equally as impressive, going 4-for-4 with two doubles and a three-run homer for the Diamondbacks, who improved to 16-8 over their last 24 games.
Ian Kennedy (6-7) earned the win, allowing three runs -- one earned -- on six hits over seven innings. He walked one and struck out seven.
Cesar Izturis hit a two-run double for the Brewers, losers of five of their last six games.
Randy Wolf (2-6) was charged with eight runs -- seven earned -- on nine hits over four innings in the setback. He is 0-4 over his last 11 starts and has not won since April 30.
"It's not fun, that's for sure," said Wolf. "This has definitely been a nightmare. I've never felt so physically great and then had such awful results. It's beyond frustrating."
Hill became the first player to hit for the cycle twice in a season since Babe Herman in 1931. His fourth-inning homer plated Willie Bloomquist, as did his triple in the sixth, which gave the Diamondbacks a 9-1 lead.
Izturis doubled home Corey Hart and Rickie Weeks a half-inning later to cap the scoring.
The Brewers did hold a lead in the game -- 1-0 on Aramis Ramirez's RBI groundout in the first -- but Goldschmidt and Henry Blanco both doubled an inning later to tie the score and Arizona went on top for good in the third.
Goldschmidt's three-run blast to deep center capped the go-ahead frame and was preceded by RBI singles from Justin Upton and Jason Kubel.
Hill's previous cycle this season came against the Mariners...Herman hit for the cycle twice in 1931 as a member of the Brooklyn Dodgers...The Diamondbacks have homered in a season-high 10 straight games...Goldschmidt hit his 11th home run of the season.
- ARIZONA: 9
Jun 29 11:02 PM
- Taylor Green pinch-hits for the Brewers.
Diamondbacks 9, Brewers 3 Bot 6, 2 OutsJun 29 10:10 PM
- Aaron Hill tripled to center scored Willie Bloomquist. Runner on third with two outs and Justin Upton due up. NOTE:With that hit, Aaron Hill hits for the cycle.
Diamondbacks 9, Brewers 1 Top 6, 2 OutsJun 29 9:56 PM
- Aaron Hill one-out, two-run Home Run (11) to left scored Willie Bloomquist. Justin Upton due up.
Diamondbacks 8, Brewers 1 Top 4, 1 OutJun 29 9:21 PM
- Paul Goldschmidt none-out, three-run Home Run (11) to center scored Justin Upton and Jason Kubel. Chris Young due up.
Diamondbacks 6, Brewers 1 Top 3, 0 OutsJun 29 8:57 PM
- Jason Kubel singled to right scored Aaron Hill. On the play, Justin Upton advances to second. Runners on first and second with none out and Paul Goldschmidt due up.
Diamondbacks 3, Brewers 1 Top 3, 0 OutsJun 29 8:56 PM
- Justin Upton singled to second scored Willie Bloomquist. On the play, Aaron Hill advances to third. Runners on first and third with none out and Jason Kubel due up.
Diamondbacks 2, Brewers 1 Top 3, 0 OutsJun 29 8:55 PM
- Henry Blanco ground-rule doubled to right scored Paul Goldschmidt. Runner on second with two outs and Ian Kennedy due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Brewers 1 Top 2, 2 OutsJun 29 8:41 PM
- Aramis Ramirez grounded out third to first scored Norichika Aoki. On the play, Nyjer Morgan advances to second. Runner on second with two outs and Corey Hart due up.
Diamondbacks 0, Brewers 1 Bot 1, 2 OutsJun 29 8:29 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 29 8:11 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Wright swings away, gives Mets 5-4 comeback win over Brewers May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21