Crisp haunts Tribe in A's winAug 20, 2012 - 3:44 AM
Coco Crisp smacked a three-run homer among his three hits and drove in a career-high five runs as the Oakland Athletics blanked the Indians, 7-0, in the finale of a three-game set.
Crisp is the first former Indian to tally five RBI against the club since Paul Sorrento did it on May 3, 1998 as a member of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.
"He's a guy who we rely on at the top of the order," A's manager Bob Melvin said of Crisp. "He creates havoc up there, and he also comes up big."
Jarrod Parker (8-7), who was 0-3 with a 5.71 earned run average in August coming in, spun eight innings of six-hit ball for Oakland, which has won four straight on the heels of a three-game losing streak.
Brandon Moss cracked a solo shot and Cliff Pennington scored three runs.
Justin Masterson (9-11) surrendered seven runs on nine hits and a walk for the Indians, who have dropped five consecutive contests.
"We were completely outplayed by these guys, especially outpitched, the whole series," Cleveland manager Manny Acta said.
The Indians were outscored 21-9 in the set.
The A's plated a run in the third and fourth innings before adding three in the fifth and two more in the sixth.
Crisp snuck an RBI single through the hole on the right side in the third, Moss ripped a solo shot to right field in the fourth and Crisp golfed a three- run blast down the right field line in the fifth for a 5-0 A's advantage.
Jemile Weeks lined an RBI double and Crisp added a run-scoring single in the sixth to make it 7-0.
Ryan Cook picked up the final three outs to preserve Oakland's 11th shutout of the season.
The A's are 22-12 since the All-Star break, the best record in the American League ... Oakland was 3-for-9 with runners in scoring position, while Cleveland finished 0-for-7 ... Time of game: 2:25.
- CLEVELAND: 0
Aug 19 6:32 PM
- Coco Crisp single to center scored Jemile Weeks with two out. Runner on first and Josh Donaldson due up.
Indians 0, Athletics 7 Bot 6, 2 OutsAug 19 5:51 PM
- Jemile Weeks double to left scored Cliff Pennington with two out. Runner on second and Coco Crisp due up.
Indians 0, Athletics 6 Bot 6, 2 OutsAug 19 5:47 PM
- Coco Crisp none-out, three-run Home Run (7) to right scored Cliff Pennington and Jemile Weeks. Josh Donaldson due up.
Indians 0, Athletics 5 Bot 5, 0 OutsAug 19 5:23 PM
- Derek Norris struck out looking to end the inning.
Indians 0, Athletics 2 End 4Aug 19 5:12 PM
- Coco Crisp single to right scored Cliff Pennington with one out. Runner on first and Josh Donaldson due up.
Indians 0, Athletics 1 Bot 3, 1 OutAug 19 4:55 PM
- CLEVELAND: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 19 4:07 PM
- Indians-White Sox Preview May 23
- Indians' Joba Chamberlain (chest muscle) on disabled list May 23
- Athletics-Mariners Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Bad day gets worse for Athletics in 5-4 loss to Yankees May 22
- Pineda ends slump; Yanks top Oakland 5-4 to win 5th straight May 22
- Ventura steps up, but Royals fall short, 3-2 May 22
- Ortiz gets 4 hits, Bradley's streak at 27, Bosox top Indians May 22
- Gray put on DL by A's because of strained muscle May 22
- Indians-Red Sox Preview May 21