Cuddyer, Rutledge power Rox past MarlinsAug 17, 2012 - 5:05 AM
Eric Young Jr. also knocked in a run for the Rockies, who have won four straight games at Coors field for the first time since a five-game run from May 28-June 1.
Adam Ottavino (4-1) allowed one run in three innings of relief to earn the win. Alex White surrendered two runs on three hits and three walks in a four- inning start for Colorado.
Ricky Nolasco (9-12) was touched for all five runs on nine hits and a walk while striking out seven in his first complete game of the season for Miami, which has dropped six of its last eight.
"You make good pitches all night and you make two mistakes, a couple mistakes, and that's the game," Nolasco said.
After the Rockies left a man on second in the first inning, Miami went on top in the second with Carlos Lee's leadoff homer to left-center field.
Colorado answered with a run in the bottom of the frame when D.J. LeMahieu hit a two-out triple to left-center field and raced home on a wild pitch by Nolasco.
However, White would return the favor in the fourth inning as Lee worked a leadoff walk, moved to second on Greg Dobbs' single and advance to third on a Donovan Solano fielder's choice before crossing the plate on White's wild pitch.
Giancarlo Stanton gave the Marlins a 3-1 lead in the sixth when he led off the frame with a blast to straightaway center field.
But the Rockies quickly tied the game in the home sixth as Cuddyer, who was activated off the disabled list prior to the game, followed Carlos Gonzalez's bunt single with a liner into the seats in left.
LeMahieu then led off the seventh with a base hit and later came home on Rutledge's pinch-hit triple to right, which Stanton had skip off the tip of his glove.
Young's squeeze bunt plated Rutledge for a 5-3 advantage.
"He bunted it hard and got it down. That's all you are looking for in that situation," Rockies manager Jim Tracy said about Young's bunt.
Matt Belisle worked around a pair of singles by Lee and Stanton in the eighth inning before Rafael Betancourt worked a perfect ninth to record his 22nd save of the season.
Miami placed second baseman Nick Green on the 15-day disabled list, selected the contract of shortstop Gil Velazquez from Triple-A New Orleans and transferred outfielder Logan Morrison to the 60-day disabled list earlier Thursday ... Colorado optioned utilityman Matt McBride to Triple-A Colorado Springs Thursday ... Nolasco recorded his seventh career complete game. He fell to 6-2 in nine career appearances (eight starts) against Colorado ... The season series between the teams is now tied, 2-2.
- MIAMI: 3
Aug 16 11:18 PM
- Tyler Colvin singled to left. On the play, Eric Young Jr. advances to third. Runners on first and third with one out and Carlos Gonzalez due up.
Marlins 3, Rockies 5 Bot 7, 1 OutAug 16 10:48 PM
- Jordan Pacheco grounded out to first to end the inning.
Marlins 3, Rockies 3 End 6Aug 16 10:31 PM
- Giancarlo Stanton lead-off Home Run (22) to center. Greg Dobbs due up.
Marlins 3, Rockies 1 Top 6, 0 OutsAug 16 10:15 PM
- Carlos Lee scored on a wild pitch with two out. Greg Dobbs advances to third on a wild pitch. Runner on third and Rob Brantly at the plate.
Marlins 2, Rockies 1 Top 4, 2 OutsAug 16 9:47 PM
- DJ LeMaieu scores on a wild pitch by Ricky Nolasco with two out. Jonathan Herrera advances to second on a wild pitch. Runner on second with two outs and Alex White at the plate.
Marlins 1, Rockies 1 Bot 2, 2 OutsAug 16 9:18 PM
- Carlos Lee lead-off Home Run (7) to left. Giancarlo Stanton due up.
Marlins 1, Rockies 0 Top 2, 0 OutsAug 16 9:00 PM
- MIAMI: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 16 8:42 PM
- Rays-Marlins Preview May 23
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 May 22
- Nationals-Marlins Preview May 22
- Nats' 9th-inning rally comes up short in 3-2 loss at Miami May 21
- Jose Fernandez pitches Marlins past Nationals 3-2 May 21
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21