Dodgers down Marlins in Ramirez's return to MiamiAug 11, 2012 - 4:01 AM Miami, FL (Sports Network) - Juan Rivera hit a two-run homer and Hanley Ramirez drove in a pair of runs against his former team, as the Los Angeles Dodgers topped the Miami Marlins, 5-2, on Friday night.
Ramirez finished with three hits and scored a run in his first game at Marlins Park since being dealt to the Dodgers on July 26.
"I still love them," Ramirez said of the Marlins fans, some of whom were booing the former batting champ. "There's a lot of love for them, and I think there was a lot of support those seven years down here."
Matt Kemp had two hits, including an RBI double, and Shane Victorino doubled and scored a run for the Dodgers, who have won five of their last seven games.
Clayton Kershaw (10-6) earned the win after allowing two runs on three hits while striking out seven over 6 1/3 innings.
Kenley Jansen put two on in the ninth but was able to work out of the jam to pick up his 23rd save.
Justin Ruggiano hit a solo homer and Carlos Lee drove in a run for the Marlins, losers in six of nine.
Mark Buehrle (9-11) gave up four runs on seven hits over six innings to absorb the loss. Buehrle hasn't won since July 14 and has dropped his last three decisions overall.
Ruggiano's one-out homer in the first inning put Miami ahead 1-0.
The Dodgers finally got on the board in the sixth when Victorino doubled to open the frame, moved to third on a Mark Ellis sacrifice bunt, then scored when Kemp doubled. Ramirez followed with a single to plate Kemp before Rivera crushed a two-run homer to give the visitors a 4-1 lead.
"The pitch to Rivera is the one I'd like to have back," Buehrle said.
Miami had the bases loaded with no outs in the home half but were only able to get one run.
After Ruggiano grounded out to third, Lee's sacrifice fly to center brought home Gorkys Hernandez.
With two outs, Giancarlo Stanton sent a towering fly ball to deep left, but it died on the warning track and was caught by Victorino to end the threat.
Los Angeles added another run in the seventh to go up 5-2. A.J. Ellis and Kershaw singled to put runners on first and second with no outs. Mark Ellis grounded out to first to advance the runners and Ramirez cued an infield single in front of the plate to score A.J. Ellis. Marlins catcher John Buck and pitcher Ryan Webb charged to field the ball but no one covered home and Ellis scored easily.
Kershaw has registered 10 or more wins three seasons in a row...It was the Dodgers first game at Marlins Park...Marlins short stop Jose Reyes, who had his 26-game hitting streak snapped on Thursday, did not play...Lee had a 14- game hitting streak snapped.
- LOS ANGELES: 5
Aug 10 10:13 PM
- Hanley Ramirez singled to catcher scored A.J. Ellis. On the play, Matt Kemp advances to second and Clayton Kershaw advances to third. Bases loaded with two outs and Andre Ethier due up.
Dodgers 5, Marlins 2 Top 7, 2 OutsAug 10 9:06 PM
- Carlos Lee sacrifice fly out to center scored Gorkys Hernandez. Runners on first and second and with two outs and Giancarlo Stanton due up.
Dodgers 4, Marlins 2 Bot 6, 2 OutsAug 10 8:49 PM
- Juan Rivera two-out, two-run Home Run (6) to left scored Hanley Ramirez. Jerry Hairston Jr. due up.
Dodgers 4, Marlins 1 Top 6, 2 OutsAug 10 8:33 PM
- Andre Ethier struck out swinging. Runner on second with two outs and Juan Rivera due up.
Dodgers 2, Marlins 1 Top 6, 2 OutsAug 10 8:32 PM
- Matt Kemp doubled to left scored Shane Victorino. Runner on second with one out and Hanley Ramirez due up.
Dodgers 1, Marlins 1 Top 6, 1 OutAug 10 8:26 PM
- Justin Ruggiano one-out, solo Home Run (10) to left center. Carlos Lee due up.
Dodgers 0, Marlins 1 Bot 1, 1 OutAug 10 7:22 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 1 Out
Aug 10 7:12 PM
- Rays-Marlins Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22