Harrison, Rangers shut out GiantsJun 9, 2012 - 6:27 AM
It was the first meeting between the teams since the 2010 World Series, which San Francisco won in five games.
Harrison (8-3) gave up five singles, did not walk a batter, struck out four and did not allow a runner to advance past first base.
"I think this is probably the best one, other than the first one," Harrison said about his shutout. "I knew what I wanted to do with the ball."
Ian Kinsler and Josh Hamilton each homered for the Rangers, who snapped a 13- game road losing streak against the Giants.
Barry Zito (5-3) allowed four runs on nine hits and two walks over six innings for San Francisco, which had its two-game win streak snapped.
Angel Pagan went 0-for-4 to snap his 28-game home hit streak, which was the longest such streak in Giants franchise history (since 1900).
Texas wasted no time in getting the only run they would need as Kinsler hammered the second pitch of the game over the left-field wall.
The Rangers added to their lead in the fourth when Nelson Cruz led off the frame with a double, advanced to third on Yorvit Torrealba's groundout and crossed the plate on a Gentry base hit to left.
Hamilton's solo shot to straightaway center field in the fifth and Kinsler's RBI single in the sixth made it a 4-0 game.
Gentry slapped a run-scoring single to right field with the bases loaded in the ninth inning to account for the final margin.
Kinsler's leadoff home run was the 22nd of his career...Harrison improved to 3-2 in 11 career interleague games (seven starts)...Zito fell to 13-19 in 37 career interleague starts...Texas improved to 138-132 all-time in interleague play, while San Francisco fell to 125-118...Pagan also had his 15-game hit streak snapped.
- TEXAS: 5
SAN FRANCISCO: 0
Jun 9 12:50 AM
- Craig Gentry singled to right scored Michael Young. On the play, Yorvit Torrealba advances to second and Nelson Cruz advances to third. Bases loaded with one out and Matt Harrison due up.
Rangers 5, Giants 0 Top 9, 1 OutJun 9 12:42 AM
- Ian Kinsler singled to right scored Craig Gentry. Runner on first with one out and Elvis Andrus due up.
Rangers 4, Giants 0 Top 6, 1 OutJun 8 11:43 PM
- Josh Hamilton one-out, solo Home Run (22) to center. Adrian Beltre due up.
Rangers 3, Giants 0 Top 5, 1 OutJun 8 11:23 PM
- Craig Gentry singled to left scored Nelson Cruz. Runner on first with one out and Matt Harrison due up.
Rangers 2, Giants 0 Top 4, 1 OutJun 8 11:12 PM
- Ian Kinsler lead-off Home Run (7) to left. Elvis Andrus due up.
Rangers 1, Giants 0 Top 1, 0 OutsJun 8 10:17 PM
- TEXAS: 0
SAN FRANCISCO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 8 10:16 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22