Pedroia, Red Sox batter RockiesJun 26, 2013 - 4:21 AM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - Dustin Pedroia went 3-for-5 with four RBI as Boston belted Colorado, 11-4, in the opener of a two-game interleague set from Fenway Park.
Mike Napoli added two hits and drove in two, Jacoby Ellsbury posted three hits and scored three times, while Jose Iglesias went 3-for-5, crossed home twice and knocked in a run for the Red Sox, who produced 20 hits en route to their second win the last six games.
Ryan Dempster (5-8) worked six effective innings, during which he allowed six hits and two runs, fanning four and walking two.
Wilin Rosario homered among his three hits, with Carlos Gonzalez and Nolan Arenado providing an RBI each for the Rockies, who had a two-game win streak stopped and lost for the sixth time in eight contests.
Juan Nicasio (4-4) was battered to the tune of 12 hits and seven runs -- six earned -- over just 2 1/3 frames.
It was 7-1 in the third as the hosts chased Colorado's starter on a pair of RBI singles from Shane Victorino and Pedroia, but the Rockies responded in their next turn at the plate on Arenado's hit to score Michael Cuddyer -- who singled and advanced on a wild pitch.
Stephen Drew, who appeared to have deposited a ball just beyond the high wall in center, instead tripled after a video review and scored when Iglesias followed with a double to make it 8-2 in the home fourth.
The Rockies posted two in the seventh as Arenado singled and came around when Victorino dropped a Jonathan Herrera fly for a three-base error, then Gonzalez singled with two down to score Herrera.
Boston hit double digits in the bottom half as a Pedroia fly to center scored Iglesias and Napoli's base hit plated Ellsbury.
In the eighth, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Drew singled with one out, both advanced on a wild pitch and Ellsbury walked ahead of Victorino's run-scoring groundout to cap the rout.
The Sox jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first. Ellsbury doubled, moved to third on a sacrifice and scored on a Pedroia single, and later, with the bases loaded, Daniel Nava's bloop single to left brought in Pedroia.
Rosario cleared the Green Monster with one down in the second, but the hosts countered in the home half as three straight two-out doubles -- from Victorino, Pedroia and David Ortiz -- plus a single from Napoli brought home three more.
The Red Sox scored at least 10 runs for the ninth time this season ... Cuddyer extended his hit streak to 22 games, which is tied for the second-longest mark in Rockies history, behind only Dante Bichette's 23 gamer during the 1995 season. Cuddyer also extended his MLB-best on-base streak to 41 games, which matches Todd Helton and Andres Galarraga for the longest such stretch in Rockies history ... Prior to the game, the Sox optioned infielder Will Middlebrooks to Triple-A Pawtucket, placed catcher David Ross on the 60-day disabled list and selected the contract of infielder Brandon Snyder from Pawtucket, while also placing pitcher Franklin Morales on the 15-day disabled list and recalling pitcher Pedro Beato from the PawSox ... Colorado fell to 7-6 all-time vs. Boston in the regular season, in their first trip back to Fenway since 2007.
- COLORADO: 4
Jun 25 10:53 PM
- Shane Victorino ground out third to first scored Jarrod Saltalamacchia. On the play, Jacoby Ellsbury advances to second and Stephen Drew advances to third. Runners on second and third with two outs and Dustin Pedroia due up.
Rockies 4, Red Sox 11 Bot 8, 2 OutsJun 25 10:40 PM
- Mike Napoli single to left scored Jacoby Ellsbury. On the play, David Ortiz advances to second. Runners on first and second with two outs and Daniel Nava due up.
Rockies 4, Red Sox 10 Bot 7, 2 OutsJun 25 10:17 PM
- Dustin Pedroia sacrifice fly to center scored Jose Iglesias. Runner on second with two outs and David Ortiz due up.
Rockies 4, Red Sox 9 Bot 7, 2 OutsJun 25 10:15 PM
- Carlos Gonzalez single to center scored Jonathan Herrera. Runner on first with two outs and Michael Cuddyer due up.
Rockies 4, Red Sox 8 Top 7, 2 OutsJun 25 10:01 PM
- Jonathan Herrera reached third on Shane Victorino's fielding error scoring Nolan Arenado. Runner on third with none out and Dexter Fowler due up.
Rockies 3, Red Sox 8 Top 7, 0 OutsJun 25 9:53 PM
- Jose Iglesias double to left scored Stephen Drew. Runner on second with two outs and Jacoby Ellsbury due up.
Rockies 2, Red Sox 8 Bot 4, 2 OutsJun 25 9:13 PM
- Nolan Arenado single to center scored Michael Cuddyer. On the play, Corey Dickerson advances to third on Jacoby Ellsbury's fielding error. Runners on first and third with two outs and Jonathan Herrera due up.
Rockies 2, Red Sox 7 Top 4, 2 OutsJun 25 8:54 PM
- Dustin Pedroia single to center scored Jacoby Ellsbury. On the play, Shane Victorino advances to second. Runners on first and second with one out and David Ortiz due up.
Rockies 1, Red Sox 7 Bot 3, 1 OutJun 25 8:25 PM
- Shane Victorino single to right scored Jose Iglesias. On the play, Jacoby Ellsbury advances to third on Michael Cuddyer's fielding error. Runners on first and third with one out and Dustin Pedroia due up.
Rockies 1, Red Sox 6 Bot 3, 1 OutJun 25 8:24 PM
- Mike Napoli single to center scored David Ortiz. Runner on first with two outs and Daniel Nava due up.
Rockies 1, Red Sox 5 Bot 2, 2 OutsJun 25 8:01 PM
- David Ortiz double to left scored Dustin Pedroia. Runner on second with two outs and Mike Napoli due up.
Rockies 1, Red Sox 4 Bot 2, 2 OutsJun 25 7:57 PM
- Dustin Pedroia double to right scored Shane Victorino. Runner on second with two outs and David Ortiz due up.
Rockies 1, Red Sox 3 Bot 2, 2 OutsJun 25 7:54 PM
- Wilin Rosario one-out, solo Home Run (12) to left. Corey Dickerson due up.
Rockies 1, Red Sox 2 Top 2, 1 OutJun 25 7:41 PM
- Daniel Nava single to left scored Dustin Pedroia. On the play, Mike Napoli advances to second and David Ortiz advances to third. Bases loaded with one out and Jarrod Saltalamacchia due up.
Rockies 0, Red Sox 2 Bot 1, 1 OutJun 25 7:32 PM
- Dustin Pedroia single to right scored Jacoby Ellsbury. Runner on first with one out and David Ortiz due up.
Rockies 0, Red Sox 1 Bot 1, 1 OutJun 25 7:25 PM
- COLORADO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 25 7:12 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Ortiz gets 4 hits, Bradley's streak at 27, Bosox top Indians May 22
- Boston's Bradley extends hitting streak to 27 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies May 22
- Adames' first homer caps 4-run 9th as Rockies win 4-1 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21
- Indians-Red Sox Preview May 21