Orioles take series in TorontoSep 16, 2013 - 2:26 AM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Danny Valencia hit a two-run double to help the Baltimore Orioles beat the Toronto Blue Jays, 3-1, in the rubber match of a three-game set at Rogers Centre.
Baltimore starter Miguel Gonzalez (10-7) gave up six hits, including Adam Lind's solo homer, before a groin injury ended his outing with one out in the sixth.
Nick Markakis went 2-for-4 with a walk and a run scored for the Orioles, who remain a part of the crowded AL wild-card race.
Mark Buehrle (11-9) gave up three runs -- two earned -- on six hits and three walks in five innings for Toronto, which finished 0-for-9 with runners in scoring position and stranded 11.
"It was a battle all day," Buehrle said. "I wasn't very pleased with myself."
Orioles reliever Tommy Hunter fanned Moises Sierra to get out of a bases- loaded jam he inherited in the seventh. Closer Jim Johnson pitched around a leadoff single in the ninth to record his 45th save.
Lind's leadoff blast to right field staked the Blue Jays to a second-inning lead, but a two-out hit by Valencia plated Markakis and Adam Jones an inning later.
"It was nice to come through and get those runs," Valencia said.
A two-out walk to Chris Davis with the bags full put the Orioles up 3-1 in the fourth.
Johnson became the fifth pitcher in baseball history to register 45 or more saves in at least two consecutive seasons ... The Orioles won their first road series against an AL East opponent since April 8-11, when they took two of three at Fenway Park.
- BALTIMORE: 3
Sep 15 4:06 PM
- Edwin Encarnacion struck out swinging to end the game.
Sep 15 4:01 PM
- Chris Davis walked Michael Morse scored on the play with two outs. Bases loaded and Adam Jones due up.
Orioles 3, Blue Jays 1 Top 4, 2 OutsSep 15 2:14 PM
- Danny Valencia double to left scored Nick Markakis and Adam Jones with two outs. Runner on second and J.J. Hardy due up.
Orioles 2, Blue Jays 1 Top 3, 2 OutsSep 15 1:51 PM
- Adam Lind lead-off Home Run (21) to right. Moises Sierra due up.
Orioles 0, Blue Jays 1 Bot 2, 0 OutsSep 15 1:34 PM
- BALTIMORE: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Sep 15 1:07 PM
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Blue Jays-Yankees Preview May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- Blue Jays manager Gibbons ejected for 4th time this season May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22
- Wieters homers in ninth to lift Orioles past Angels, 3-1 May 22
- Orioles-Angels Preview May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22