Kershaw shines as Dodgers blank BrewersApr 29, 2013 - 5:04 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Carl Crawford hit two home runs and Clayton Kershaw pitched eight innings of scoreless baseball, as the Los Angeles Dodgers blanked the Milwaukee Brewers, 2-0, in the rubber match of a three-game series.
Kershaw (3-2) had 12 strikeouts and allowed just four hits for the Dodgers. After giving up a leadoff double to Rickie Weeks in the second, he retired 18 batters in a row before Carlos Gomez doubled to start the eighth. Brandon League pitched a flawless ninth to notch his eighth save of the season.
"Clayton, obviously, was really good today," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said of Kershaw. "I thought he did a good job today of using his whole mix."
Kyle Lohse (1-2) got the start for the Brewers, who came into the game having won 10 of their last 12 games. Outside of the two home runs, he allowed just three other hits over seven innings, but the lack of offense prevented him from getting a win.
"I was happy with the way I went out there," Lohse said. "We had a game plan and we executed it...all but two pitches."
Crawford homered on Lohse's first pitch of the game and delivered his second solo shot on an 0-2 pitch with two outs in the fifth.
Beyond that, however, it was all Kershaw. After 117 pitches, Kershaw was replaced by League, who needed just eight pitches to end the game.
Nick Punto was 3-for-4 ... Kershaw entered the game 0-3 with an 8.47 ERA in four games against the Brewers ... Kershaw has allowed three or less earned runs in 18 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors. He last allowed more than three earned runs on July 24, 2012 against the Cardinals, when he allowed eight runs in 5 2/3 innings ... The Dodgers play 12 of their next 15 games at home.
- MILWAUKEE: 0
LOS ANGELES: 2
Apr 28 6:31 PM
- Carl Crawford two-out, solo Home Run 2 (4) to right. Nick Punto due up.
Brewers 0, Dodgers 2 Bot 5, 2 OutsApr 28 5:36 PM
- Carl Crawford lead-off Home Run (3) to center. Nick Punto due up.
Brewers 0, Dodgers 1 Bot 1, 0 OutsApr 28 4:20 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 28 4:10 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22