Rockies rout DodgersApr 30, 2013 - 6:27 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Wilin Rosario smacked a three-run home run among his three hits and scored three times in the Colorado Rockies' 12-2 rout of the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a three-game set.
Nolan Arenado knocked a two-run homer while Dexter Fowler had a solo shot and drove in two runs for the Rockies, who managed just 12 runs in a four-game series against the Diamondbacks over the weekend. Jordan Pacheco also had two RBI in the victory, just the Rockies' third in their last nine games.
Rockies starter Tyler Chatwood (1-0) was great on both sides of the ball. He was 3-for-4 and drove in two runs while allowing just five hits over six scoreless innings.
"Tyler keeps the ball down and has great stuff," said Rockies manager Walt Weiss. "He's a good athlete. I didn't know he could swing like that. He put on a show out there."
Jerry Hairston cracked a two-run shot for the Dodgers, who saw starter Ted Lilly (0-1) last just three innings, giving up five runs -- four earned -- on eight hits and two walks.
"We just weren't able to score tonight ... we were getting beat prettty bad," said Dodgers manager Don Mattingly. "We got our butts beat tonight."
Fowler homered to start the game. A Pacheco single and a Carlos Gonzalez double set up Rosario's three-run shot and the Rockies had a 4-0 lead.
In the third, with the bases loaded, Fowler drew a walk, scoring Arenado.
The Rockies tacked on five more runs in the fourth. With the bases loaded, Josh Rutledge hit a liner to right, plating Rosario. Two batters later, Chatwood singled, bringing Michael Cuddyer and Arenado home. After Fowler walked, Pacheco hit a ground-rule double, scoring Rutledge and Chatwood.
An inning later, Rosario hit an infield single, setting up Arenado's two-run homer.
The Dodgers finally got on the board in the seventh. Skip Schumaker got on first on a fielding error by Rutledge to lead off the inning. After Luis Cruz struck out and Justin Sellers lined out to left, Hairston smacked a shot deep into left. Next up was Hanley Ramirez, who returned from a thumb injury, to pinch-hit for Matt Guerrier. He struck out to end the frame.
Schumaker, who started the game at second base, pitched in the ninth for the Dodgers. He loaded the bases, allowing singles by Gonzalez and Arenado and walking Rutledge. However, with two outs, Schumaker got Jonathan Herrera to ground out to first to escape the inning.
Wilton Lopez pitched a 1-2-3 ninth for the Rockies to end the game.
Lilly entered the game 10-2 in 14 starts against Colorado, including 6-0 in his last seven ... Schumaker threw 25 pitches ... The Rockies recorded 19 hits, the most they ever had at Dodger Stadium ... Colorado has 262 hits this season, most in the majors ... Ramirez was reinstated from the 15-day disabled list before the game. In a corresponding move, the Dodgers placed pitcher Clayton Kershaw on the bereavement list.
- COLORADO: 12
LOS ANGELES: 2
Apr 30 1:35 AM
- Jerry Hairston two-out, two-run Home Run (1) to left scored Skip Schumaker. Matt Guerrier due up.
Rockies 12, Dodgers 2 Bot 7, 2 OutsApr 30 12:59 AM
- Nolan Arenado one-out, two-run Home Run (1) to center scored Wilin Rosario. Josh Rutledge due up.
Rockies 12, Dodgers 0 Top 5, 1 OutApr 30 12:00 AM
- Jordan Pacheco ground-rule double to left center scored Josh Rutledge and Tyler Chatwood with two out. On the play, Dexter Fowler advances to third. Runners on second and third with two outs and Carlos Gonzalez due up.
Rockies 10, Dodgers 0 Top 4, 2 OutsApr 29 11:40 PM
- Tyler Chatwood single to center scored Michael Cuddyer and Nolan Arenado with two out. On the play, Josh Rutledge advances to second. Runners on first and second with two outs and Dexter Fowler due up.
Rockies 8, Dodgers 0 Top 4, 2 OutsApr 29 11:35 PM
- Josh Rutledge single to right scored Wilin Rosario with one out. On the play, Nolan Arenado advances to second and Michael Cuddyer advances to third. Bases loaded with one out and Jonathan Herrera due up.
Rockies 6, Dodgers 0 Top 4, 1 OutApr 29 11:32 PM
- Dexter Fowler walk scored Nolan Arenado with two out. Bases loaded with two outs and Jordan Pacheco due up.
Rockies 5, Dodgers 0 Top 3, 2 OutsApr 29 11:07 PM
- Wilin Rosario none-out, three-run Home Run (7) to right scored Jordan Pacheco and Carlos Gonzalez. Michael Cuddyer due up.
Rockies 4, Dodgers 0 Top 1, 0 OutsApr 29 10:20 PM
- Dexter Fowler lead-off Home Run (8) to left center. Jordan Pacheco due up.
Rockies 1, Dodgers 0 Top 1, 0 OutsApr 29 10:14 PM
- COLORADO: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 29 10:11 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22