Ramirez homers, Dodgers beat RockiesMay 1, 2013 - 6:58 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Hanley Ramirez hit a home run in his first start since returning from the disabled list and Hyun-Jin Ryu had 12 strikeouts over six innings as the Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the Colorado Rockies, 6-2, in the second of a three-game set.
Ramirez started the season with a torn ligament in his right thumb, which he suffered during the World Baseball Classic. He was activated on Monday, but only served as a pinch-hitter in a 12-2 loss against Colorado.
Ryu (3-1) allowed two runs on three hits and two walks and also drove in a run for the Dodgers. Adrian Gonzalez, Matt Kemp, Nick Punto and Jerry Hairston Jr. had one RBI apiece in the victory, Los Angeles' fourth in the last six games.
"It's good to get him in the lineup and see him already being productive in the lineup," Kemp said of Ramirez. "We've been having trouble scoring runs here lately and he's definitely going to help us with that."
Carlos Gonzalez hit a solo shot and Michael Cuddyer had an RBI double for the Rockies, who saw starter Jorge De La Rosa (2-3) struggle, allowing six runs on 11 hits and two walks in four innings.
"I made a lot of mistakes," De La Rosa admitted. "I threw a lot of pitches where I didn't have to and I paid for it."
Gonzalez homered with two outs in the first to put the Rockies on the board.
The Dodgers responded with two runs in the bottom of the inning. Hairston singled to lead off and reached second on a bunt single by Punto. Kemp delivered a single to center, scoring Hairston, and Gonzalez hit a sacrifice fly, plating Punto.
The Dodgers weren't done yet, as they tacked on four more runs over the next two innings. In the second, Hairston and Punto hit back-to-back RBI singles. Ramirez homered and Ryu singled, scoring Ethier, in the third.
Colorado cut the deficit to 6-2 in the sixth when Cuddyer knocked a two-out double that brought Dexter Fowler home.
Kenley Jansen pitched two scoreless innings, allowing only a single by Josh Rutledge in the eighth, to end the game.
Fowler had a stolen base ... Entering the game, De La Rosa was 0-7 with a 6.22 ERA in 13 games -- nine starts -- against the Dodgers ... Colorado has 267 hits this season, most in the majors ... The Dodgers came into the game tied with Milwaukee for the highest team batting average against lefties in the majors, with .293.
- COLORADO: 2
LOS ANGELES: 6
May 1 1:14 AM
- Michael Cuddyer double to right scored Dexter Fowler. On the play, Carlos Gonzalez advances to third. Runners on second and third with two outs and Jordan Pacheco due up.
Rockies 2, Dodgers 6 Top 6, 2 OutsMay 1 12:13 AM
- Hyun-Jin Ryu single to right scored Andre Ethier. On the play, Juan Uribe advances to third. Runners on first and third with two outs and Jerry Hairston due up.
Rockies 1, Dodgers 6 Bot 3, 2 OutsApr 30 11:20 PM
- Hanley Ramirez one-out, solo Home Run (1) to left. Andre Ethier due up.
Rockies 1, Dodgers 5 Bot 3, 1 OutApr 30 11:11 PM
- Nick Punto single to left scored Jerry Hairston. Runner on first with two outs and Matt Kemp due up.
Rockies 1, Dodgers 4 Bot 2, 2 OutsApr 30 10:57 PM
- Jerry Hairston single to left scored Juan Uribe. On the play, Jerry Hairston advances to second on the throw home. Runner on second with two outs and Nick Punto due up.
Rockies 1, Dodgers 3 Bot 2, 2 OutsApr 30 10:53 PM
- Adrian Gonzalez sacrifice fly out to left scored Nick Punto. Runner on first with one out and Hanley Ramirez due up.
Rockies 1, Dodgers 2 Bot 1, 1 OutApr 30 10:28 PM
- Matt Kemp single to center scored Jerry Hairston. On the play, Nick Punto advances to third. Runners on first and third with none out and Adrian Gonzalez due up.
Rockies 1, Dodgers 1 Bot 1, 0 OutsApr 30 10:26 PM
- Carlos Gonzalez two-out, solo Home Run (5) to center. Michael Cuddyer due up.
Rockies 1, Dodgers 0 Top 1, 2 OutsApr 30 10:17 PM
- COLORADO: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 30 10:12 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22