Rockies rout Giants behind ChatwoodMay 19, 2013 - 5:51 AM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Wilin Rosario hit a two-run home run and drove in three runs to lead the Colorado Rockies to a 10-2 rout over the San Francisco Giants in the third game of a four-game series from Coors Field.
Troy Tulowitzki and Dexter Fowler knocked in two runs apiece and Carlos Gonzalez had an RBI for the Rockies, who have scored 10 runs in winning each of the last two contests.
Tyler Chatwood (2-0) allowed one run on seven hits and four walks over 5 2/3 innings. He also drove in a run in the victory.
"Tyler has thrown the ball really well for us. He's been very impressive," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said.
Gregor Blanco and Brandon Crawford each had an RBI for the Giants, who were 2- for-10 with runners in scoring position. Starter Tin Lincecum (3-3) surrendered six runs on seven hits and two walks in five frames.
The Giants were the first on the board in the second. Brandon Belt ripped a double to right and Blanco's blooper to center brought him home.
However, the Rockies responded by scoring three runs in the third. Charlie Blackmon drew a walk to start the inning and later scored on a double by Fowler. Josh Rutledge then hit an infield single, plating Fowler, and reached third on a throwing error by Lincecum. Gonzalez then grounded out to first, but brought Rutledge home.
"Timmy started off good, one inning the error hurt him," San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. "Then it kind of got away from him."
The Rockies scored three more runs over the next two innings. Nolan Arenado singled with one out in the fourth, advanced to second on a balk and scored when Chatwood's line drive deflected off Lincecum's foot and into the outfield. In the fifth, Tulowitzki's two-out single set up Rosario's two-run blast to left.
Two innings later, Rosario's infield single brought Fowler home, who singled to lead off the frame and later stole second.
Hunter Pence smacked a double to center to begin the eighth and scored on an infield single by Crawford, but that would be it for the Giants' offense.
Colorado added three more runs in the bottom of the inning. Blackmon and Jonathan Herrera connected on back-to-back singles with one out. Fowler then singled to right, plating Blackmon, and advanced to second as Crawford was unable to catch Pence's throw.
After Wilton Lopez struck out, Carlos Gonzalez walked and Tulowitzki's single brought Herrera and Fowler home to create an eight-run cushion.
Lopez pitched a 1-2-3 ninth to end the game.
Scutaro went 2-for-4 and is on a 17-game hitting streak, the longest active hit streak in the majors ... Rosario has nine home runs, third among catchers in the majors ... The Rockies were 7-for-14 with runners in scoring position ... Colorado has won just four of the last 16 home meetings with San Francisco.
- SAN FRANCISCO: 2
May 18 11:11 PM
- Troy Tulowitzki single to center scored Jonathan Herrera and Dexter Fowler with two out. On the play, Carlos Gonzalez advances to third. Runners on first and third and Wilin Rosario due up.
Giants 2, Rockies 10 Bot 8, 2 OutsMay 18 11:05 PM
- Dexter Fowler single to right scored Charlie Blackmon with one out. On the play, Dexter Fowler advances to second on Brandon Crawford's missed catch error. Jonathan Herrera advances to third. Runners on second and third and Wilton Lopez due up.
Giants 2, Rockies 8 Bot 8, 1 OutMay 18 11:00 PM
- Brandon Crawford infield single to second scored Hunter Pence with two out. Runner on first and Jean Machi due up.
Giants 2, Rockies 7 Top 8, 2 OutsMay 18 10:47 PM
- Wilin Rosario infield single to third scored Dexter Fowler with two out. On the play, Troy Tulowitzki advances to second. Runners on first and second and Todd Helton due up.
Giants 1, Rockies 7 Bot 7, 2 OutsMay 18 10:36 PM
- Wilin Rosario two-out, two-run Home Run (9) to left scored Troy Tulowitzki. Todd Helton due up.
Giants 1, Rockies 6 Bot 5, 2 OutsMay 18 9:47 PM
- Tyler Chatwood single to center scored Nolan Arenado with two out. Runner on first and Dexter Fowler due up.
Giants 1, Rockies 4 Bot 4, 2 OutsMay 18 9:29 PM
- Carlos Gonzalez grounded out to first scoring Josh Rutledge with two out. None on and Troy Tulowitzki due up.
Giants 1, Rockies 3 Bot 3, 2 OutsMay 18 9:12 PM
- Josh Rutledge infield single to pitcher. On the play, Dexter Fowler scored on Tim Lincecum's throwing error with one out. Josh Rutledge advances to third on the throw. Runner on third and Carlos Gonzalez due up.
Giants 1, Rockies 2 Bot 3, 1 OutMay 18 9:11 PM
- Dexter Fowler double to left scored Charlie Blackmon with one out. Runner on second and Josh Rutledge due up.
Giants 1, Rockies 1 Bot 3, 1 OutMay 18 9:05 PM
- Gregor Blanco single to center scored Brandon Belt with two out. Runner on first and Brandon Crawford due up.
Giants 1, Rockies 0 Top 2, 2 OutsMay 18 8:34 PM
- SAN FRANCISCO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 18 8:12 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22
- Cain, Posey lead Giants over Cubs 5-3 May 22
- Lester goes just 2 2/3 innings in Cubs' 5-3 loss to Giants May 21
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21