Hill, Parra account for six RBI as Arizona pounds ColoradoSep 15, 2013 - 7:41 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Aaron Hill and Gerardo Parra both drove in three runs for the Arizona Diamondbacks during a 9-2 win over the Colorado Rockies in the second portion of a three-game set.
Hill slugged a two-run single and launched a solo shot for the Diamondbacks, who have won two of their last three games.
Wade Miley (10-10) gave up only two runs on six hits over 6 1/3 innings for the victory. The left-hander fanned five batters and helped himself at the plate with two hits and an RBI.
"It's awesome to finally get that win, but it was a good team win," Miley said. "For me, it was just location and they were swinging early and putting the ball in play. The defense made the plays tonight."
In his first start since injuring his hamstring on July 7, Roy Oswalt (0-6) was touched for two runs on seven hits across 4 2/3 innings. Todd Helton and Nolan Arenado each drove in a run for the Rockies, who have only won two of their last eight.
"I haven't really thought past tomorrow," Oswalt said. "Like I said, I try to go day to day. Sometimes you get a little too far out in front. Something happens and you never know, really. This is probably one of the best front offices I've played for. The front office believes in its players and stands behind them. I'm just like to come in tomorrow and feel good and make it to the next start."
Arizona started off the scoring in the second when Miguel Montero singled and Matt Davidson doubled out to center before Parra drove the ball into the gap to drive them in with a double.
Montero led off the sixth with a ground-rule double on a line drive into left- center. He scored after Parra knocked a double down the left field line. Miley drove a fly ball over the head of the left fielder to score Parra.
Colorado's two runs came in the seventh. Wilin Rosario singled to center and crossed home when Helton doubled off the wall in center. Helton then proceeded to beat out the throw to home after Arenado singled on a line drive to right.
After Hill's blast to left in the home half of the seventh, Paul Goldschmidt tripled and was brought home on a sacrifice fly from Martin Prado.
Singles from Didi Gregorius and A.J. Pollock kicked off the eighth. Adam Eaton smacked a hard liner into center field to bring around Gregorious, and Hill singled out in left to plate Pollock and Eaton.
D.J. LeMahieu extended his hitting streak to 14 games ... Arizona leads the season series 9-6 ... Arizona batters produced six doubles and a triple ... Colorado went 1-for-5 with runners in scoring position.
- COLORADO: 2
Sep 14 11:18 PM
- Nolan Arenado struck out swinging to end the game.
Sep 14 11:17 PM
- Aaron Hill single to left scored A.J. Pollock and Adam Eaton with none out. Runner on first and Paul Goldschmidt due up.
Rockies 2, Diamondbacks 9 Bot 8, 0 OutsSep 14 10:59 PM
- Adam Eaton double to second scored Didi Gregorius with none out. On the play, A.J. Pollock advances to third. Runners on second and third and Aaron Hill due up.
Rockies 2, Diamondbacks 7 Bot 8, 0 OutsSep 14 10:56 PM
- Martin Prado sacrifice fly out to center scored Paul Goldschmidt with one out. None on and Miguel Montero due up.
Rockies 2, Diamondbacks 6 Bot 7, 1 OutSep 14 10:31 PM
- Aaron Hill lead-off Home Run (10) to left. Paul Goldschmidt due up.
Rockies 2, Diamondbacks 5 Bot 7, 0 OutsSep 14 10:28 PM
- Nolan Arenado single to right scored Todd Helton with one out. Runner on first and Charlie Culberson due up.
Rockies 2, Diamondbacks 4 Top 7, 1 OutSep 14 10:17 PM
- Todd Helton double to center scored Wilin Rosario with one out. Runner on second and Nolan Arenado due up.
Rockies 1, Diamondbacks 4 Top 7, 1 OutSep 14 10:15 PM
- Wade Miley double to left scored Gerardo Parra with two out. Runner on second and Adam Eaton due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 4 Bot 6, 2 OutsSep 14 10:07 PM
- Gerardo Parra double to left scored Miguel Montero with one out. Runner on second and Didi Gregorius due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 3 Bot 6, 1 OutSep 14 10:03 PM
- Gerardo Parra double to center scored Miguel Montero and Matt Davidson with one out. Runner on second and Didi Gregorius due up.
Rockies 0, Diamondbacks 2 Bot 2, 1 OutSep 14 8:38 PM
- COLORADO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Sep 14 8:11 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies May 22
- Adames' first homer caps 4-run 9th as Rockies win 4-1 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21
- Pirates 3B Kang exits with left hand injury after slide May 21