Ryu sharp as Dodgers best GiantsSep 25, 2013 - 6:32 AM San Francisco, CA (Sports Network) - Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp smacked solo homers in the Los Angeles Dodgers' 2-1 win over the San Francisco Giants in the opener of a three-game set.
Hyun-Jin Ryu (14-7) fanned six and surrendered a run on four hits and a walk over seven innings for Los Angeles, which is two games behind the Atlanta Braves for the NL's best record.
"We think he's been great all year long. We couldn't have asked for anything more than what he's given us," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said.
Los Angeles has won five of its last seven tilts.
Former Giants closer Brian Wilson made his return to AT&T Park and struck out two in a perfect eighth.
Wilson was with the Giants from 2006-12 and recorded the final out of the 2010 World Series. He then underwent Tommy John surgery for the second time in his career last April and bounced around before finding a home in LA.
Kenley Jansen fired a perfect ninth for his 28th save of the year.
Matt Cain (8-10) allowed two runs on seven hits and three walks over seven frames for the Giants, who had won six of their last nine contests coming in.
"Cain pitched well. They pitched well too ... We just couldn't get the bats going," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said.
Puig's leadoff shot to deep center in the fifth got the Dodgers on the board, but Tony Abreu lined a one-out homer just over the wall in left center in the home half to tie it.
Kemp began the sixth with a blast into the seats in left center to give Los Angeles a 2-1 spread.
Carl Crawford tallied three hits for the Dodgers ... Los Angeles was 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left nine men on base ... San Francisco was 0-for-2 with runners in scoring position.
- LOS ANGELES: 2
SAN FRANCISCO: 1
Sep 25 12:59 AM
- Matt Kemp lead-off Home Run (6) to left center. Juan Uribe due up.
Dodgers 2, Giants 1 Top 6, 0 OutsSep 24 11:43 PM
- Tony Abreu one-out, solo Home Run (2) to left center. Ehire Adrianza due up.
Dodgers 1, Giants 1 Bot 5, 1 OutSep 24 11:35 PM
- Yasiel Puig one-out, solo Home Run (19) to center. Carl Crawford due up.
Dodgers 1, Giants 0 Top 5, 1 OutSep 24 11:26 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
SAN FRANCISCO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Sep 24 10:15 PM
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Solarte draws bases-loaded BB in 11th, Padres walk off again May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22