Reds-Marlins postponed due to rainMay 15, 2008 - 10:06 PM CINCINNATI (Ticker) -- The Cincinnati Reds will not have the chance to complete a four-game sweep of the Florida Marlins after Thursday's series finale was postponed due to inclement weather.
No makeup date was announced.
The postponement came one day after the Reds squandered a 6-0 ninth-inning lead before emerging with a 7-6 victory in the 10th on Rookie Paul Janish's game-winning single.
Cincinnati will aim for its first four-game winning streak of the season Friday when it opens interleague play against the Cleveland Indians in the opener of a three-game series.
Rookie Johnny Cueto (2-4) will start Friday for the Reds, who have won six of their last nine games. Struggling righthander Matt Belisle was scheduled to pitch Thursday but will have his turn in the rotation skipped.
After pitching well in his first two starts this season, Cueto has struggled over his last six outings, posting a 7.52 ERA over that stretch.
While the Reds are playing well, the surprising Marlins, who lead the National League East, will try to avoid their first four-game losing streak Friday when they visit the Kansas City Royals in the opener of a three-game series.
Florida will give the ball to lefthander Andrew Miller (3-2), who was slated to pitch Thursday. Miller has gone 3-0 over his last four starts, posting a 3.86 ERA in that span.
- Rays-Marlins Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Martin, Cano help Mariners sweep, hand Reds 7th loss in row May 22
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 May 22
- Reds promote 3 pitchers from Triple-A Louisville May 22
- Nationals-Marlins Preview May 22
- Nats' 9th-inning rally comes up short in 3-2 loss at Miami May 21
- Jose Fernandez pitches Marlins past Nationals 3-2 May 21