Felton's late layup lifts BobcatsDec 6, 2009 - 4:00 AM By MIKE CRANSTON AP Sports Writer
CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- Raymond Felton's driving layup with 4.7 seconds left capped a late comeback and the Charlotte Bobcats bounced back from an embarrassing loss a night earlier to beat the slumping Philadelphia 76ers 106-105 on Saturday night.
A night after the Bobcats lost to New Jersey to end the Nets' record-worst NBA start at 0-18, they appeared ready to hand the Sixers their first win in more than two weeks.
But Boris Diaw hit a 3-pointer and a scoop shot in a late run, and Felton rubbed off a screen on a drive and beat Samuel Dalembert to the basket for the go-ahead basket.
Andre Iguodala missed a fadeaway at the buzzer for the 76ers, who blew a 10-point fourth-quarter lead in their ninth straight loss ahead of Allen Iverson's return Monday.
CHARLOTTE 106 FINAL
Dec 5 9:35 PM
CHARLOTTE 78 END, 3RD QTR
Dec 5 8:49 PM
CHARLOTTE 49 HALFTIME
Dec 5 8:08 PM
CHARLOTTE 28 END, 1ST QTR
Dec 5 7:34 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1