Gordon, Stuckey help Pistons over HawksOct 12, 2009 - 12:40 AM AUBURN HILLS, Mich.(AP) -- Ben Gordon scored 22 points and Rodney Stuckey added 20 as the new-look Detroit Pistons remained undefeated in the preseason with a 100-91 victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Sunday night.
The Pistons are now 3-0 even though Charlie Villanueva (hamstring) has yet to play. Richard Hamilton and Will Bynum combined for 26 more points, helping Detroit overcome just eight points from its starting frontcourt.
Marvin Williams led the Hawks (1-1) with 19 points, while Othello Hunter had 14 and rookie Jeff Teague scored 12.
The Pistons used Stuckey's buzzer-beating jumper to take a 49-46 lead at the half, and then moved their advantage to 75-66 on Gordon's 30-footer at the end of the third period.
The teams combined to commit 57 fouls, leading to 59 free throws.
DETROIT 100 FINAL
Oct 11 8:43 PM
DETROIT 75 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 11 7:59 PM
DETROIT 49 HALFTIME
Oct 11 7:15 PM
DETROIT 23 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 11 6:36 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- Frye leads another 3-point barrage, Cavs beat Hawks 121-108 May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7
- Hawks lineup change: Sefolosha for Korver in Game 3 vs Cavs May 6