Teague leads Hawks over Bobcats 107-90Oct 13, 2009 - 4:47 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Rookie Jeff Teague had 17 points and seven assists, leading the Atlanta Hawks to a 107-90 victory over the Charlotte in a preseason game Monday night.
Joe Johnson and Zaza Pachulia each scored 14 points for the Hawks.
Gerald Wallace led the Bobcats with 20 points and six rebounds, and was a 12 for 12 from the free throw line. Raymond Felton added 11 points and 4 assists, and Nazr Mohammed had eight points and nine rebounds.
There were 61 fouls called by the replacement officiating crew, and Bobcats coach Larry Brown was ejected. Official Kevin Scott asked for security to escort Brown from the court at 3:23 in the third quarter but he left on his own accord.
The Hawks trailed only once - 7-5 at 10:03 in the first quarter - and led by as many as 20 points. The Bobcats gave up 30 points on turnovers.
NOTES: Hawks coach Mike Woodson expects to sit down with his staff Tuesday to determine whether to make some cuts. He expects to carry 15 or 16 players through the final preseason game, at Orlando on Oct. 23. The Hawks have 20 players on their roster. ... Brown expects to carry all 16 players on the roster through the final preseason game, vs. Memphis on Oct. 23.
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- Frye leads another 3-point barrage, Cavs beat Hawks 121-108 May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7