Williams, Horford lead Hawks over WizardsOct 20, 2009 - 1:38 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Marvin Williams had 16 points and six rebounds and Al Horford added 14 points and six rebounds to lead the Atlanta Hawks to a 113-95 preseason victory over the Washington Wizards on Monday night.
Rookie Jeff Teague, playing 15 of his 26 minutes in the second half, had 16 points and five assists for the Hawks (4-1), while Josh Smith and Joe Johnson both scored 13 points.
Randy Foye, starting in place of the flu-ridden Gilbert Arenas, led the Wizards (3-3) with 19 points and six assists. Caron Butler added 14 points and Brendan Haywood had seven points and 10 rebounds in his return after missing three games with a sprained right ankle.
Joe Smith, in his first game for the Hawks this preseason, had two points and four rebounds and was called for four fouls in 14 minutes.
The Wizards shot 12.5 percent (1 of 8) from beyond the 3-point line in the first half and ended at 33.3 percent (6 of 18) while the Hawks hit all four of their 3-point attempts in the first quarter and finished at 57.1 percent (8 of 14) for the game.
NOTES: Arenas remained at the team hotel with flu-like symptoms. He was not expected to fly to Philadelphia with the team for Tuesday's game against the Sixers. Coach Flip Saunders said Arenas would fly to Washington as soon as he was feeling better. G Mike Miller began to experience flu-like symptoms in the locker room shortly after the team arrived at Philips Arena, and was sent back to the hotel. The Wizards got flu shots last week. ... Hawks F Zaza Pachulia sat out with a sore hip.
ATLANTA 113 FINAL
Oct 19 9:21 PM
ATLANTA 86 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 19 8:45 PM
ATLANTA 58 HALFTIME
Oct 19 8:06 PM
ATLANTA 35 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 19 7:34 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- Frye leads another 3-point barrage, Cavs beat Hawks 121-108 May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7
- Hawks lineup change: Sefolosha for Korver in Game 3 vs Cavs May 6