Rose goes for 36 as Bulls rebound vs. CelticsJan 9, 2011 - 5:34 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Derrick Rose poured in 36 points and the Chicago Bulls held Boston to 38 percent shooting in a 90-79 victory Saturday that snapped the Celtics' four-game winning streak.
Rose was 10-of-19 from the field and 15-for-19 from the foul line for his highest-scoring game since October, helping the Bulls end a two-game overall skid and earn some revenge for a pair of losses to the Celtics earlier this season.
Carlos Boozer added 22 points and 10 rebounds in the victory and Ronnie Brewer contributed 10 points off the bench.
Paul Pierce scored 21 points to lead the Celtics, Ray Allen had 19 and Rajon Rondo added 13 with a game-high eight assists.
Rose scored 11 points in the third quarter, but the Bulls only held a 67-64 lead heading into the fourth. He and Boozer combined for 16 points over the next 12 minutes, however, to lead Chicago to the win.
The Bulls used a 9-1 run that spanned the third and fourth quarters to take a 73-65 lead on Boozer's jumper with 8:14 remaining. Boston cut it to five, but Rose scored four points in an 8-2 run that made it 81-70 with 4:40 left.
The Celtics were never closer than eight the rest of the way, while Chicago led by as many as 13 on a Rose three-pointer with 31.7 seconds on the clock.
"I just kept attacking," said Rose.
He scored 12 points in the first quarter and the Bulls carried a 22-21 lead into the second. Boozer had nine points in the second to lift Chicago to a 46-42 lead at halftime.
Boston played its sixth game since losing Kevin Garnett to a calf injury...Chicago shot 49 percent from the field...The Bulls also out-rebounded Boston, 48-27, and won despite allowing the Celtics to score 19 points off 21 turnovers.
- BOSTON: 79
Jan 8 10:29 PM
- BOSTON: 64
End of 3rd
Jan 8 9:56 PM
- BOSTON: 42
Jan 8 9:11 PM
- BOSTON: 21
End of 1st
Jan 8 8:38 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Jan 8 8:12 PM
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27
- Hawks-Celtics Preview Apr 27
- With big turnaround, Hawks beat Celtics 110-83 for 3-2 lead Apr 27
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26