Iguodala guides Sixers over JazzJan 23, 2011 - 5:04 AM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Andre Iguodala scored 22 points and Lou Williams added 20 off the bench, as the Philadelphia 76ers snapped a six-game losing streak to the Utah Jazz with a comfortable 96-85 decision.
Elton Brand provided 19 points and eight rebounds for the Sixers, who were coming off consecutive losses at Orlando and Charlotte.
"That was a really important win for us tonight, especially after the two tough losses on the road. Our guys really executed well tonight," Sixers head coach Doug Collins said.
Deron Williams paced the Jazz with 20 points, 14 assists and six rebounds, while Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson each posted double-doubles in the loss, the club's fourth straight to open a five-game road trip.
Jefferson ended with 19 points and 13 rebounds, while Millsap had 18 and 12.
There were a whopping 14 lead changes in the first quarter and none the rest of the way.
The hosts led 26-22 after the opening stanza and went up 35-26 on a Lou Williams three-pointer less than five minutes into the second.
Brand's three-point play gave the Sixers their biggest lead of the half at 43-30, but the Jazz cut their deficit to 47-41 at the break on Deron Williams' buzzer-beating three.
Philly stayed ahead by at least two possessions the entire third stanza and went into the fourth ahead by seven, 70-63.
Near the midway point of the fourth, Iguodala answered a C.J. Miles three- pointer with one of his own while getting fouled. He missed the subsequent free throw, but Brand was there for the putback for an 83-71 advantage.
The closest the Jazz got from there was nine.
"We're struggling. We just have to see what we're made out of and fight our way out of it," Jazz head coach Jerry Sloan said.
Jazz rookie Gordon Hayward got a rare start and scored four points in 28 minutes of action...Spencer Hawes chipped in eight points and 11 rebounds for Philadelphia, which shot 24-of-31 from the foul line...Utah got to the stripe just 17 times, making 13...The Jazz close out their trek at Staples Center against the Lakers on Tuesday...The Sixers host the Suns on Monday.
- UTAH: 85
Jan 22 9:46 PM
- UTAH: 63
End of 3rd
Jan 22 9:12 PM
- UTAH: 41
Jan 22 8:32 PM
- UTAH: 22
End of 1st
Jan 22 8:03 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Jan 22 7:40 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14