Curry leads Warriors over struggling JazzJan 31, 2011 - 6:54 AM Utah Jazz, 96-81.
Dorell Wright and Reggie Williams added 16 and 15 points, respectively, for the Warriors, who snapped a four-game skid. David Lee chipped in with 14 points and five rebounds.
"I don't think tonight's win was won on the offensive end, we didn't score 115 points," Lee said. "Monta (Ellis) played very good defense, had a bunch of loose balls. Tonight's game was won on the defensive end. If we can play that way defensively then we're going to make enough shots to win if we don't then we move on to the next game."
Al Jefferson finished with 16 points and 14 boards for the Jazz, who have lost seven of eight. Andrei Kirilenko tallied 14 points, nine rebounds and five assists for Utah, which got 12 points apiece from Paul Millsap and Raja Bell.
The Jazz were without guard Deron Williams for a second straight game due to a hyperextended right wrist. Utah was also without center Mehmet Okur (back).
The Warriors shot 61.9 percent from the field in the first quarter to take a 31-25 lead.
Golden State led by as many as 14 in the second stanza, but the Jazz ended the half on a 14-4 run. Kirilenko's three-pointer and tip-in prior to the break cut the gap to 49-45.
Utah got within three multiple times in the third frame. Bell's tip-in cut the deficit to 64-61 with three minutes left, but the Warriors scored the final seven points of the quarter. Curry's jumper and two free throws made it a 71-61 game heading to the fourth.
After C.J. Miles made a three-pointer to start the fourth, Golden State put together a 15-3 burst to seal the victory. Williams made a pair of three- pointers during the stretch, which Acie Law capped with a free throw for an 86-67 lead with under 6 1/2 minutes to play.
Utah had won four of its previous five meetings with Golden State...The Jazz have lost six in a row on the road...The Warriors improved to 1-3 on a season- long eight-game homestand...Golden State made 49.3 percent of its shots, while Utah shot 37.2 percent from the field.
- UTAH: 81
GOLDEN STATE: 96
Jan 31 12:23 AM
- UTAH: 61
GOLDEN STATE: 71
End of 3rd
Jan 30 11:48 PM
- UTAH: 45
GOLDEN STATE: 49
Jan 30 11:03 PM
- UTAH: 25
GOLDEN STATE: 31
End of 1st
Jan 30 10:33 PM
- UTAH: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 30 10:10 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19