Ellis comes alive in fourth as Warriors beat BullsFeb 6, 2011 - 7:51 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Monta Ellis scored 14 of his 33 points in the fourth quarter, as the Golden State Warriors took down the Central Division- leading Chicago Bulls, 101-90.
Stephen Curry added 23 points, eight assists and six rebounds for the Warriors, who improved to 3-3 on their eight-game homestand. Dorell Wright donated 20 points and six boards.
"We needed this. We owed them for Chicago when they beat us by 30 there," Ellis said. "We just wanted to come out and play hard and play all 48 minutes."
Carlos Boozer finished with 21 points, 10 rebounds and five assists for the Bulls, who had a six-game winning streak snapped. Luol Deng chipped in with 18 points and six boards.
Derrick Rose scored 14 points and dished out 10 assists, but turned the ball over a career-high nine times.
Neither team led by more than seven in the first half as the Warriors took a 48-47 edge into the locker room.
Chicago started the second half on a 16-3 run to take its largest lead of the game. Boozer capped the surge with a slam to give the Bulls a 63-51 margin with about 6 1/2 minutes left.
Golden State responded with an ensuing 20-7 burst to go in front. Curry tallied seven points during the stretch, including a dunk with 40.4 seconds remaining to make it 71-70. The Warriors held a 73-72 edge heading to the fourth.
Ellis scored Golden State's first eight points in the fourth to spark a 16-2 run. Curry tallied six points during the stretch, including a jumper with 5:49 left to make it an 89-74 game.
Back-to-back three-pointers from Deng and Kyle Korver got Chicago within seven, 97-90, with 47.9 seconds to play. Ellis, though, made a jumper and two free throws in the final seconds to seal the victory.
Chicago hammered the Warriors, 120-90, back on November 11 this season at the United Center...The Bulls fell to 1-1 on their five-game western road trip...Golden State went 19-of-23 from the foul line, while the Bulls went 6- of-13 from the charity stripe...David Lee had 13 points for the Warriors.
- CHICAGO: 90
GOLDEN STATE: 101
Feb 6 1:00 AM
- CHICAGO: 72
GOLDEN STATE: 73
End of 3rd
Feb 6 12:18 AM
- CHICAGO: 47
GOLDEN STATE: 48
Feb 5 11:35 PM
- CHICAGO: 25
GOLDEN STATE: 23
End of 1st
Feb 5 11:03 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 5 10:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19