Cousins' big game leads Kings over WarriorsOct 13, 2010 - 5:03 AM SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Rookie center DeMarcus Cousins had 20 points and eight rebounds to lead the Sacramento Kings to a 116-97 preseason victory over the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday night.
Tyreke Evans, last year's NBA Rookie of the Year, added 17 points for the Kings (2-2), while Luther Head and Carl Landry had 15 points each and Omri Casspi added 11 points and nine rebounds.
Monta Ellis had 18 points and Stephen Curry scored 17 for the Warriors (2-1). David Lee added 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Warriors, who trailed 53-51 at halftime.
Evans was frustrated by Ellis' defense in Sunday's meeting between the teams and then again through 2 1/2 quarters in the rematch. But Evans got untracked late in the third quarter, making two 3-pointers and scoring nine points to help the Kings take an 80-77 lead.
Cousins, the fifth pick in the 2010 draft after earning All-America honors as a freshman at Kentucky, was 6 of 12 from the field and 7 of 8 from the free throw line in scoring a preseason high for the Kings.
Head converted a 3-pointer and added a jumper a short time later, igniting a 10-0 fourth-quarter run by the Kings, who led 92-81 with 7:56 remaining.
Before the game, the Kings announced that veteran center Samuel Dalembert could miss four to six weeks with a strained left thigh. Traded from Philadelphia in the offseason, Dalembert has played 354 consecutive regular-season games, the third-longest active streak.
Dalembert and rookie center Hassan Whiteside have both missed all four games and starting guard Beno Udrih hasn't played in the last three.
The Warriors were missing Rodney Carney, Louis Amundson and top draft pick Ekpe Udoh because of injuries.
It was the second game in three nights between the Pacific Division rivals. Ellis scored 18 points Sunday night when the Warriors defeated visiting Sacramento 95-86.
FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
GOLDEN STATE 30 21 26 20 97
SACRAMENTO 29 24 27 36 116 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: GSW - MONTA ELLIS 18, DAVID LEE 17,
STEPHEN CURRY 16
SAC - DEMARCUS COUSINS 20, TYREKE EVANS 17,
TWO PLAYERS WITH 15
HIGH REBOUND: GSW - DAVID LEE 10, STEPHEN CURRY 5, VLADIMIR
SAC - OMRI C
Oct 13 1:13 AM
END 1ST QTR 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
GOLDEN STATE 30 30
SACRAMENTO 29 29 END 1ST QTR
HIGH SCORERS AFTER 1ST QUARTER
GSW - MONTA ELLIS 10, STEPHEN CURRY 9,
DAVID LEE 5
SAC - TYREKE EVANS 8, CARL LANDRY 7,
DONTE GREENE 6
Oct 12 10:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19