Hawks win to split preaseson series with BobcatsDec 23, 2011 - 3:25 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Josh Smith scored 21 points and Ivan Johnson had 15 off the bench, leading the Atlanta Hawks to a 92-75 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday night.
The teams split two games in an abbreviated preseason, with Charlotte winning 79-77 on Monday.
Joe Johnson added 12 points and Vladimir Radmanovic scored 11 for the Hawks, who open the regular season at New Jersey next Tuesday, then play Washington at home the next day.
Corey Maggette scored 18 points and was the only Charlotte player in double figures. The Bobcats will start their regular season on a three-game homestand that begins Monday against Milwaukee.
After scoring 18 points in a successful pro debut Monday, Kemba Walker had eight points for Charlotte on Thursday.
- CHARLOTTE: 75
Dec 22 9:55 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 58
End of 3rd
Dec 22 9:21 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 46
Dec 22 8:36 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 27
End of 1st
Dec 22 8:10 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:27
Dec 22 7:42 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- Frye leads another 3-point barrage, Cavs beat Hawks 121-108 May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7