Bucks finish strong to beat WizardsDec 31, 2011 - 4:31 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Brandon Jennings scored 22 points, and the Milwaukee Bucks used a strong fourth quarter to record a 102-81 rout of the Wizards on Friday.
Andrew Bogut ended with 13 points and 15 rebounds for the Bucks, who outscored the Wizards by a 24-14 margin over the final 12 minutes. The effort came after Milwaukee scored just 13 points in the third quarter.
The Bucks, who got 16 points from Ersan Ilyasova, will carry a two-game winning streak into their five-game western road trip. They will start the journey in Denver on Monday, while also making visits to Utah, Sacramento, Los Angeles and Phoenix.
Jordan Crawford scored 24 points off the bench to lead the Wizards, who fell to 0-3. After dropping its season-opener against New Jersey by a 90-84 score, Washington had lost its last two games by a combined 39 points.
The Wizards fell behind toward the end of the first quarter, when Ilyasova and Jennings hit back-to-back threes. Ilyasova followed with a layup to extend Milwaukee's lead to 13, and the Bucks carried a 36-24 advantage into the second quarter -- which they dominated.
Milwaukee made 12-of-23 shots while holding the Wizards to eight field goals. The Bucks led by as many as 24, including when Carlos Delfino's three-pointer with 41.9 seconds to play gave Milwaukee a 65-41 halftime margin.
The Wizards held the Bucks to just four field goals in the third quarter, but Milwaukee's lead was substantial enough that it could maintain a 78-67 lead heading into the fourth.
The Bucks cemented the victory with an eight-point burst that Jennings ended with consecutive buckets. The run gave Milwaukee a 96-77 lead with 3:39 to go.
Milwaukee forward Drew Gooden was eligible to return from his one-game suspension, which he incurred for a flagrant foul in Monday's game against Charlotte. However, he was a coach's decision to sit out...Delfino scored 15 points off the Bucks' bench...Rashard Lewis added 14 points for the Wizards.
- WASHINGTON: 81
Dec 30 10:47 PM
- WASHINGTON: 67
End of 3rd
Dec 30 10:23 PM
- WASHINGTON: 41
Dec 30 9:39 PM
- WASHINGTON: 24
End of 1st
Dec 30 9:16 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 30 8:43 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22
- AP Sources: Scott Brooks to be Washington Wizards next coach Apr 21
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Hornets look for first playoff win in 14 seasons vs. Heat Apr 14
- Wizards president Grunfeld stays, fires coach Wittman Apr 14