Allen helps Celtics keep Wizards winlessJan 3, 2012 - 4:19 AM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - Ray Allen scored 11 of his 27 points in the fourth quarter, and the Celtics kept the Wizards winless with a 100-92 victory in the back end of a home-and-home series.
Allen shot 6-of-7 from three-point range, and Paul Pierce chipped in 21 points and eight rebounds for Boston, which has gone 3-0 since Pierce's return from an injured right heel.
Brandon Bass added 14 points off the bench, while Greg Stiemsma, starting in place of the injured Jermaine O'Neal, posted 13 points and seven rebounds in extended minutes for the victors.
Andray Blatche logged 28 points and nine rebounds, while JaVale McGee donated 17 and 14 for Washington, which has dropped five straight to start the season, including a 94-86 loss to the Celtics on Sunday.
Wizards head coach Flip Saunders was ejected 1:46 into the game after the officials' whistles stayed silent when Stiemsma blocked Rashard Lewis' shot and knocked him to the hardwood.
"It was quick," Wizards guard John Wall said of the ejection. "All I know is I heard everybody complaining about the call Rashard got, and then all of a sudden it was two technicals and [Saunders] was gone."
Saunders missed a seesaw battle that featured 17 lead changes and 11 ties. The Wizards led, 24-23, at the conclusion of the first quarter, and it was a two- possession game the entire second and third stanzas.
After trailing 48-47 at halftime and 70-69 entering the fourth, the Celtics used a 12-2 run to break away in the fourth.
Allen started the rally by hitting a go-ahead three-pointer with nine minutes remaining, and Rajon Rondo put in a layup for an 84-76 lead less than three minutes later.
Washington pulled within two possessions down the stretch, but Allen hit a three-pointer off a steal by Pierce for a 95-87 lead with 90 seconds to play.
Pierce hit another from long range two possessions later to essentially seal the win.
"[We're] glad we got the win," Pierce said. "It wasn't pretty, it's not always going to be pretty especially in a back-to-back situation."
O'Neal was sidelined because of a tight left hamstring...Rondo had 13 assists and seven turnovers...Kevin Garnett finished with 10 points, six rebounds and six assists for Boston, which shot 10-of-20 from three-point range...Wall had 11 points and eight assists but committed seven turnovers in defeat.
- WASHINGTON: 92
Jan 2 9:59 PM
- WASHINGTON: 70
End of 3rd
Jan 2 9:20 PM
- WASHINGTON: 48
Jan 2 8:40 PM
- WASHINGTON: 24
End of 1st
Jan 2 8:09 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 2 7:42 PM
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27
- Hawks-Celtics Preview Apr 27