Rockets beat lowly WizardsJan 17, 2012 - 1:56 AM
Samuel Dalembert had 20 points and seven rebounds for the Rockets, who notched their third straight win. Luis Scola added 18 points and Kyle Lowry scored 16 to go along with six assists, five rebounds and three steals.
John Wall paced the Wizards with a career-high 38 points. He also recorded eight assists, six rebounds and four steals.
"When you jump out of his way, he looks really good. We made him look really good. We jumped out of his way a little bit," Rockets coach Kevin McHale said of Wall. "You need to be more forceful with him."
Jordan Crawford contributed 17 points off the bench for Washington, which fell to an NBA-worst 1-12, leaving head coach Flip Saunders to feel embarrassed for his team.
"You don't feel good about yourself," he said. "As a team, that's how it has to be."
Houston built a 19-point lead in the third quarter, but it was trimmed to five at 103-98 when Wall hit a 15-foot jumper with 4:47 remaining in the game. The Rockets answered with a 7-0 surge and led 110-98 after Dalembert converted a layup with 3:12 to play. Washington was never closer than eight points the rest of the way.
Crawford drained a three-pointer to put the Wizards up 28-27 at the end of the first quarter, but the Rockets grabbed a 56-46 lead on Scola's two free throws with 2:30 left in the opening half.
Washington closed the gap to 58-54 at halftime.
The Rockets improved to 2-6 on the road...Washington scored 100-plus points for the first time this season...Wizards forward Andray Blatche had 11 points and 12 rebounds. He missed the previous three games with a sprained right shoulder...Washington's Rashard Lewis did not play because of a sore right knee.
- HOUSTON: 114
Jan 16 4:23 PM
- HOUSTON: 91
End of 3rd
Jan 16 3:53 PM
- HOUSTON: 58
Jan 16 3:11 PM
- HOUSTON: 27
End of 1st
Jan 16 2:40 PM
- HOUSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:13
Jan 16 2:14 PM
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25