Portland cruises past WashingtonMar 11, 2012 - 6:16 AM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - LaMarcus Aldridge had 30 points and 10 rebounds, leading the Trail Blazers to a 110-99 win over the Wizards on Saturday.
Jamal Crawford added 23 points while Raymond Felton finished with 21 and five assists for Portland, which had dropped five of six overall and was coming off of Friday's blowout loss to the Celtics.
"We were due a good shooting night," said Aldridge. "We've been in the gym and the guys have been working."
John Wall had 25 points, eight assists and four rebounds to pace Washington, which had won two of three and entered Saturday's game on the heels of a comeback victory over the Lakers.
The Boston loss had dropped the Trail Blazers to 0-2 on a season-high seven- game road trip. They trailed by as many as 43 in that one, but were in control for the majority of Saturday's action.
The Wizards held just one lead, a 15-14 advantage in the first quarter. They managed to hang around, however, playing to a 27-all tie after one and trailing by just three, 55-52, at the break.
But the Trail Blazers methodically grabbed control. They outscored the Wizards, 27-24, in the third, getting 10 points and two assists from Felton, to take an 82-76 lead into the fourth.
There, they put the game away, scoring the first four points of the frame to establish a double-digit lead, 86-76, on a pair of Gerald Wallace free throws.
The Wizards cut the deficit to three, 88-85, with a Roger Mason 22-footer, but Crawford and Aldridge answered with a 9-3 run to make it 97-88 with under six minutes to go.
Washington did not threaten the rest of the way.
"We have to be more committed defensively," said Wizards coach Randy Wittman. "You have to be able, in that fourth quarter, to put two, three, four stops together."
Portland had lost its previous four road games and will complete the seven- game stretch with visits to Indiana, New York, Chicago and Oklahoma City...Wallace had 15 points.
- PORTLAND: 110
Mar 10 10:27 PM
- PORTLAND: 82
End of 3rd
Mar 10 8:54 PM
- PORTLAND: 55
Mar 10 8:12 PM
- PORTLAND: 27
End of 1st
Mar 10 7:38 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 10 7:12 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 10