Nets drop struggling WizardsApr 7, 2012 - 4:49 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Gerald Wallace and Deron Williams led five Nets in double-figures with 19 points apiece and New Jersey easily dispatched the Washington Wizards, 110-98, on Friday.
The Nets set season-highs in field goal percentage (56.3 percent) and assists (32).
MarShon Brooks finished with 18 points, Anthony Morrow netted 17 and Jordan Williams scored a career-high 14 for the Nets, who picked up a win in the first game of their second-to-last three-game homestand at Prudential Center.
"We've been pretty good here in this little stretch that we've been in," Nets head coach Avery Johnson said. "We've played good basketball."
New Jersey embarks for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn next season.
John Wall supplied 18 points for the Wizards, who have lost five straight and 10 of 11.
The Nets opened the contest on a 14-5 run and never looked back, leading wire- to-wire.
Williams scored 10 points in the first quarter and New Jersey cruised to a 33-20 advantage going into the second. The hosts shot over 57 percent in the first half while holding Washington to under 39 percent en route to a 57-43 halftime edge.
New Jersey converted six Washington turnovers into 10 points in the third quarter and were up 83-66 entering the final stanza.
Both teams shot well in the fourth -- at least 65 percent -- and the Wizards won the frame by a 32-27 margin. They scored 18 of the final 24 points but ran out of time to make a serious comeback attempt.
"We let them do whatever they wanted so we got what we deserved," Wizards head coach Randy Wittman said.
Nets center Brook Lopez will miss the remainder of the season with a sprained right ankle, the team announced before the game. He averaged 19.2 points in his five contests this season...New Jersey hosts Cleveland on Sunday and Philadelphia on Tuesday...Washington finishes a three-game road trip at Charlotte on Monday.
- WASHINGTON: 98
NEW JERSEY: 110
Apr 6 9:47 PM
- WASHINGTON: 66
NEW JERSEY: 83
End of 3rd
Apr 6 9:20 PM
- WASHINGTON: 43
NEW JERSEY: 57
Apr 6 8:35 PM
- WASHINGTON: 20
NEW JERSEY: 33
End of 1st
Apr 6 8:07 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 6 7:42 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22
- AP Sources: Scott Brooks to be Washington Wizards next coach Apr 21
- Nets hire Hawks assistant Kenny Atkinson as new coach Apr 17
- Company of Russian owner of Brooklyn Nets searched in Moscow Apr 15