Bonner, Blair help Spurs rout HawksJan 26, 2012 - 6:33 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Matt Bonner and DeJuan Blair each scored 17 points to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a 105-83 beating of the Atlanta Hawks.
Bonner hit five of San Antonio's 11 three-pointers and was one of three bench players to finish in double figures. Tiago Splitter chipped in 16 points, fellow reserve Danny Green had 10 and Tony Parker added 15 points and seven assists as the Spurs improved to 10-1 at home this season.
"Our bench was fantastic," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said. "A number of people came into the game and played good solid basketball both at the defensive and offensive ends."
Jeff Teague led the Hawks with 20 points, while Josh Smith netted 13 on 6- of-17 shooting.
Atlanta had won six of seven coming in, but trailed by as many as 26 on Wednesday.
"They outplayed us," Hawks head coach Larry Drew said bluntly. "If you look at that stat sheet, they beat us in just about every category."
The Spurs led the final five minutes of the first quarter, which ended with the hosts holding a 24-18 lead, and never trailed the rest of the way.
Bonner scored eight points on a 14-4 run early in the second, capping it with a three-pointer for a 44-30 advantage.
The margin was cut to 48-44 at halftime, and two Bonner three-pointers followed by a Kawhi Leonard layup pushed the difference to 65-54 midway through the third.
Blair converted a three-point play in the final minute of the quarter, and his reverse layup just before the buzzer resulted in a 76-61 cushion.
The closest the Hawks got in the fourth quarter was 16.
Kirk Hinrich made his season debut and scored seven points in 13 minutes. He missed Atlanta's first 18 games after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery...Joe Johnson had 10 points on 5-of-12 shooting for the Hawks, who were outscored in the paint, 52-34, and were outrebounded, 44-34.
- ATLANTA: 83
SAN ANTONIO: 105
Jan 25 10:42 PM
- ATLANTA: 61
SAN ANTONIO: 76
End of 3rd
Jan 25 10:09 PM
- ATLANTA: 44
SAN ANTONIO: 48
Jan 25 9:30 PM
- ATLANTA: 18
SAN ANTONIO: 24
End of 1st
Jan 25 9:03 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 25 8:41 PM
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12