Spurs rally past Rockets behind Duncan, ParkerFeb 2, 2012 - 5:25 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Tim Duncan scored 25 points and Tony Parker had 24, leading the Spurs to a 99-91 comeback win over the Rockets on Wednesday.
Gary Neal added 15 points for the Spurs, who overcame a 13-point halftime deficit to improve to 11-1 at home this season.
"Tim Duncan went to the fountain of youth or something yesterday because today he looked phenomenal," said Neal. "Tim is one of our leaders, everybody knows that, and we just fed off Tim today."
The Rockets, who entered Wednesday having won nine of their previous 11, were led by Kevin Martin's 29 points. Kyle Lowry and Courtney Lee finished with 15 points apiece.
Houston dominated early, front-running by as many as 19 before taking a 52-39 lead into the break. In the third, the Spurs made their move.
Trailing 66-54, Duncan scored six straight, making a pair of layups and a vintage running hook in the paint. James Anderson then hit a trey to pull San Antonio within three.
The margin was still three, 79-76, early in the fourth when Tiago Splitter was good on a reverse then hit Danny Green for an open trey to put San Antonio on top. A back-and-forth finish ensued.
Tied at 91 with under two minutes left, Neal hit a floater, then took a charge on a Lee fastbreak. On the Spurs' next possession, Parker found Matt Bonner for a three, making it 96-91.
Martin and Lowry both missed their shots in the final minute and San Antonio hit 3-of-4 free throws to seal the win.
"They picked their energy up," said Lowry. "They played with more enthusiasm."
The Spurs have won two in a row following a two-game slide...The Rockets have lost two in a row...San Antonio outscored Houston 42-16 in the paint...Bonner finished with eight points and 10 rebounds.
- HOUSTON: 91
SAN ANTONIO: 99
Feb 1 10:53 PM
- HOUSTON: 52
SAN ANTONIO: 39
Feb 1 9:33 PM
- HOUSTON: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 1 8:41 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12