Ginobili helps Spurs sneak past KingsMar 29, 2012 - 6:14 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Manu Ginobili led a balanced attack with 20 points off the bench, as San Antonio held off Sacramento, 117-112, at Power Balance Pavilion.
Kawhi Leonard added 19 points and nine rebounds, Tim Duncan chipped in with 18 points and eight rebounds and Stephen Jackson donated 13 points for the Spurs, who have won six straight games.
"I feel pretty good right now," said Duncan after playing back-to-back nights. "I'm sure it will hit me in the next two days here, but I feel good right now."
Isaiah Thomas led all scorers with 28 points to go along with 10 assists and DeMarcus Cousins poured in 25 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Kings, who have dropped four straight. Marcus Thornton added 18 points in the loss.
"Every game we are playing we are in the game," said Cousins. "It's not like we are getting blown out. We know we're a good team, opponents know we are a good team, but we just have to finish out games."
Sacramento jumped out to the early lead in the first, but San Antonio clawed its way back in front, 27-22, with the final five points of the period from Ginobili.
The deficit grew to as many as nine at several points in the second period, but the scrappy Kings fought their way to just a four-point deficit at the half. Cousins scored the half's final five points to bring the Kings within two possessions.
The Kings kept inching closer in the third as Cousins picked up where he left off, draining two straight jumpers then finishing a layup moments later for a 62-61 deficit. The margin eventually grew back to seven at 72-65 on Tony Parker's bucket, but the home team pushed to within two and eventually one, 77-76, on Terrence Williams' jumper before finishing three points behind, 81-78, entering the last quarter of play.
Sacramento just couldn't quite get over the hump in the fourth, cutting the deficit to one, 83-82, on the second of two Thomas free throws, but the margin oscillated between three and seven for much of the quarter.
San Antonio has won seven straight in Sacramento and 13 of 14 overall in the series...Parker finished three boards shy of a triple-double with 10 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds...Jason Thompson finished with 15 points and seven rebounds for Sacramento.
- SAN ANTONIO: 117
Mar 29 12:21 AM
- SAN ANTONIO: 81
End of 3rd
Mar 28 11:46 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 53
Mar 28 11:10 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 27
End of 1st
Mar 28 10:39 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 28 10:12 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12