Rockets use balanced attack to down KingsJan 14, 2012 - 5:28 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Kyle Lowry had 25 points to lead five Houston scorers in double digits and the Rockets used a strong second half to pull away for a 103-89 victory over the Sacramento Kings.
Samuel Dalembert and Luis Scola both had 21 points to go along with 16 and 11 rebounds, respectively, while Kevin Martin netted 13 points and Chandler Parsons added 11 for Houston, which won for the second time in three games.
Tyreke Evans scored a game-high 27 points for the Kings, who fell to 4-8 on the season.
"We just didn't make our open shots. They beat us up badly on the boards and they were making their shots," Kings forward J.J. Hickson said.
The Rockets trailed 52-50 entering the third quarter, but Martin opened the scoring in the second half with a turnaround jumper to tie the game and the Rockets would never fall behind again.
After a Donte Greene layup brought the Kings within three at 69-66 with 3:03 left in the third, Houston reeled off a 9-2 run sparked by four straight Lowry free throws to take a double-digit lead and held an 81-72 advantage heading into the fourth quarter.
Houston then scored the first six points of the final quarter to open a 15- point cushion and cruised from there, leading by no less than nine points for the remainder of the game.
"In the second half we picked it up," said Lowry. "We made big shots and big plays when we needed to."
The Kings had control of the game early, breaking a 4-4 tie in the first quarter with a 16-6 run to jump out to a 20-10 lead.
But after trading buckets on the next four possessions, Sacramento closed out the first quarter by scoring 14 of the final 16 points and took a 28-26 lead into the second.
The Kings never trailed in the second and led by as much as eight in an evenly matched quarter that saw both teams score 24 points en route to a 52-50 Sacramento lead at the break.
Sacramento's DeMarcus Cousins had four points and four rebounds to snap his four-game double-double streak...Greene finished with 11 points and eight rebounds.
- SACRAMENTO: 89
Jan 13 10:14 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 72
End of 3rd
Jan 13 9:48 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 52
Jan 13 9:02 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 28
End of 1st
Jan 13 8:34 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 13 8:13 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26