Crawford helps Portland get past SacramentoJan 24, 2012 - 6:07 AM Portland, OR (Sports Network) - Jamal Crawford had 26 points off the bench, Gerald Wallace scored 20 and the Portland Trail Blazers continued to win against the Sacramento Kings, beating them 101-89 on Monday night.
The Trail Blazers led by as many as 22 points and improved to 11-1 in their last 12 games against Sacramento.
They had six players score in double figures, getting 14 points from Wesley Matthews, 13 points and 16 rebounds from LaMarcus Aldridge and 11 and 10 points from Raymond Felton and Craig Smith.
DeMarcus Cousins had 18 points and 13 rebounds to lead Sacramento while Jimmer Fredette scored 13 on 3-of-4 shooting from three-point range off the bench. Guard Marcus Thornton (thigh) missed the game.
The Kings fell to 3-6 so far during a stretch where they play 10 of their 12 games on the road.
The game was all but decided during three-plus minutes in the second quarter when the Blazers used a 13-0 run to take a 15-point lead.
Aldridge had five points during the burst and Wallace scored the last four on back-to-back layups -- he got a steal in between them to make it 46-31 inside three minutes.
The lead remained at 15 points, 53-38, heading to halftime.
"We did try to compete throughout the game but the second quarter got out of hand for us," said Sacramento coach Keith Smart. "We did a better job in the second half."
The Blazers also beat Sacramento on December 27, getting a 101-79 win in that one. On Monday, they never let their lead dip below double digits in the second half.
It was 74-56 after the third quarter and reached a game-high 22 on Crawford's runner early in the fourth.
The game was tied 21-21 after the first quarter...The Blazers returned home from a 2-4 road trip...The Kings are headed home to play Denver on Wednesday, then will go back on the road for games against Utah and Golden State.
- SACRAMENTO: 89
Jan 24 12:27 AM
- SACRAMENTO: 56
End of 3rd
Jan 23 11:58 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 38
Jan 23 11:12 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 21
End of 1st
Jan 23 10:42 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 23 10:13 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10