Kings rout BobcatsApr 23, 2012 - 5:43 AM Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points and 10 rebounds as the Sacramento Kings downed the lowly Charlotte Bobcats, 114-88, at Time Warner Cable Arena.
Tyreke Evans added 22 points while Jason Thompson contributed 14 points, 11 rebounds and five steals for the Kings, who had lost nine of their last 10 games entering Sunday's contest.
Derrick Brown, Byron Mullens and Kemba Walker each scored 13 points for Charlotte, which extended its franchise-record losing streak to 20 games.
Walker also had 11 assists in a losing effort.
"It's been hard on these guys to keep going," Bobcats head coach Paul Silas said. "That's basically all we have."
Sacramento controlled the game from the start, opening the contest with a 22-8 run to jump out to a double-digit lead that was never threatened.
The Kings' advantage stretched to as much as 16 in the first quarter on Cousins' three-point play within the final minute of the frame and they carried a 31-19 lead into the second quarter.
Charlotte would get no closer than 10 throughout the second as Donte Greene scored eight points and Jimmer Fredette netted seven to pace the Kings, who held a 59-44 cushion at the break.
Sacramento then held more than a 20-point lead for the majority of the third quarter en route to an 87-67 advantage heading into the fourth, where the Kings' cushion capped out at 114-79 on Fredette's layup with three minutes left in the game.
"We knew we needed to set the tone early and not let them have a chance," said Evans. "I just wanted to keep the energy up and not let them in the game."
Charlotte's current skid is the NBA's worst since Cleveland dropped 26 in a row from December 20, 2010-February 9, 2011...Sacramento improved to 6-26 on the road this season, while the Bobcats fell to 4-28 at home...Charlotte held a 45-37 advantage on the glass but was outscored in the paint, 78-54.
- SACRAMENTO: 114
Apr 22 8:12 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 87
End of 3rd
Apr 22 7:44 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 59
Apr 22 7:01 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 31
End of 1st
Apr 22 6:33 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 22 6:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29