Pistons crush Bobcats to stop skidJan 14, 2012 - 5:15 AM Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - Jonas Jerebko had 22 points and nine rebounds Friday and the Pistons halted a six-game skid with a 98-81 win over the Bobcats.
Greg Monroe, who had 32 points and 16 rebounds in Thursday's loss to the Bucks, finished with 19 and nine in this one. Ben Gordon chipped in 14 points, six rebounds and five assists, while Brandon Knight had 13 points and 10 boards.
"It's a little bit of a relief, but we look at it as an opportunity to build, an opportunity to get better," Knight said of the win.
The Bobcats, losers of six straight, were led by Byron Mullens' 18 points. Kemba Walker added 16, while D.J. White and Tyrus Thomas both had 10.
"We're not playing the best we can," said White. "It takes some time but we'll get it done, I feel we will."
Mullens, a second-year center out of Ohio State, has been a rare bright spot during Charlotte's gloomy stretch. He had a career-high 21 points in Thursday's loss to the Hawks.
Still, his production has done little to compensate for the Bobcats' defensive woes. They entered Friday allowing a league-worst 102.7 points per game and did little to thwart an offensively-challenged Detroit squad.
The Pistons easily eclipsed their season average of 83.7 points per game, while shooting 48.8 percent from the floor and draining 7-of-14 three- pointers.
They led 51-39 at the half, 78-59 after three and cruised through the fourth en route to the easy win.
Mullens entered Friday averaging 11.9 points, 4.6 rebounds and 20.5 minutes in 11 games this season...Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince had 10 points on 5- of-11 shooting...Detroit held a 46-34 advantage on the glass.
- DETROIT: 98
Jan 13 9:12 PM
- DETROIT: 78
End of 3rd
Jan 13 8:45 PM
- DETROIT: 51
Jan 13 8:07 PM
- DETROIT: 27
End of 1st
Jan 13 7:34 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 13 7:11 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29