T'Wolves keep Bobcats on the skidsFeb 16, 2012 - 4:12 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Kevin Love posted 30 points and 18 rebounds and Nikola Pekovic added 21 and 11, as the Timberwolves sent the spiraling Bobcats to a 16th straight defeat in a 102-90 decision at Target Center.
The Bobcats extended their club record skid by allowing Minnesota to shoot 58 percent from the field in the second half. Love scored 10 points in a game- changing third quarter, while Pekovic scored 15 after halftime to help snap a four-game losing streak.
"We lost four games in a row, so it was really important for us [to win]," Pekovic said.
Kemba Walker paced Charlotte with 21 points, while Corey Maggette netted 18 in yet another losing effort.
The Bobcats led by as many as nine in the first quarter and held a 48-46 halftime lead before falling apart late in the third.
Tied at 66 following a D.J. Augustin layup, Ricky Rubio made a jumper to begin a quarter-ending run of 10 unanswered points for Minnesota.
J.J. Barea drained a three-pointer during the run, then hit another from behind the arc five minutes into the fourth to extend the difference to 89-70.
Minnesota led by double figures the rest of the way.
"We missed too many layups in the first half," Bobcats head coach Paul Silas said. "In the second half we stopped pushing it and started jacking it up."
The Bobcats have not won since beating Golden State on January 14...Augustin, who had been out since January 22 with a toe injury, scored nine points in 23 1/2 minutes off the bench...Barea finished with 12 points and eight assists, while Rubio had seven helpers to make up for a 2-for-7 shooting effort...Boris Diaw logged 14 points, nine rebounds and seven assists in defeat.
- CHARLOTTE: 90
Feb 15 10:13 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 66
End of 3rd
Feb 15 9:43 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 30
End of 1st
Feb 15 8:35 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 15 8:11 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1