Rose's Bulls race past BucksFeb 5, 2012 - 6:00 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Derrick Rose set the tone right from the opening tip Saturday, scoring 16 of his team's first 18 points as the Chicago Bulls routed the Milwaukee Bucks, 113-90.
Rose finished with 26 points and 13 assists for the Bulls, who have won two straight and three of four. Luol Deng returned from a seven-game absence and scored 21 points to go with nine rebounds.
"I was just taking what they were giving me," Rose said of the quick start. "They were giving me my shot, I was taking it and thank god tonight they were going in."
Drew Gooden had 24 points while Tobias Harris netted 19 for the Bucks, who have lost two straight.
"They just got off to a great start," Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings said. "(Kyle) Korver wasn't missing, Rose wasn't missing in the beginning. They were moving the ball well as a team."
The Bulls made 14-of-30 from beyond the arc while the Bucks made just 1-of-12 from three-point range.
Deng was the only other scorer for Chicago in the first 5:53 as the Bulls jumped out to an 18-8 advantage. Rose finished the quarter with 16 points and five assists as the Bulls took a 30-16 lead into the second.
The 20-point barrier was breached on C.J. Watson's jumper as the Bulls led, 46-25, midway through the second.
Kyle Korver netted 12 points in the quarter as Chicago took a commanding 67-43 advantage into the locker room.
Rose's layup with 3:25 left in the third gave the Bull's their largest lead of 28, 84-56.
Chicago led, 87-46, after three and cruised to the easy win in the final quarter.
The Bulls have won six straight games over the Bucks...Korver finished with 18 points while Joakim Noah added 14 points and nine rebounds for Chicago...The Bulls outrebounded the Bucks 53-39.
- CHICAGO: 113
Feb 4 10:38 PM
- CHICAGO: 113
End of Regulation
Feb 4 10:37 PM
- CHICAGO: 87
End of 3rd
Feb 4 10:09 PM
- CHICAGO: 67
Feb 4 9:32 PM
- CHICAGO: 30
End of 1st
Feb 4 9:03 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 4 8:41 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13